Cheyenne, WY Electrify America

I wonder if they may be planning a quick expansion of this site to 6 stalls?
If your right it should open soon.
EA said that all new sites going forward would have 6 stations minimum. I'm not sure if it would apply to the Cheyenne site since it was originally supposed to open last year with ABB hardware. I'm glad for this change to 6 stations minimum as more EVs hit the road. All the new next gen EA installs should be 6 stations so hopefully they'll expand this one with 2 more soon.

Stopped by on Friday 6/23/23 solved the mystery of the water line, it's irrigation for the trees (landscaping). I'm not seeing anywhere to add charging stations, so it appears this will have 4 connectors. There clearly is a charging cabinet missing. I'm hoping to catch the crew working on it and see if I can get some answers.
20230623_122639.jpg20230623_122721.jpg20230623_122807.jpg20230623_122942.jpg

Good news. The construction fences ate gone. The conduit mystery appears to be solved. The front two dispensers are marked "1A" and "1B". The other two are marked "2" and "3". The conduits capped at just above ground level, likely for future expansion as the charging cabinets are marked "1", "2", and "3" respectively. The asphalt for the irrigation line hasn't yet been filled in. The charging station has not yet been activated.

For those who know more about the chargers Electrify America uses I'm also posting pictures of the identification plates of the number 3 charging cabinet and dispensers. I have no idea when E.A. will actually bring this charging station online.20230628_113106.jpg20230628_113203.jpg
20230628_112710.jpg20230628_113041.jpg

Good news. The construction fences are gone. The conduit mystery appears to be solved. The front two dispensers are marked "1A" and "1B". The other two are marked "2" and "3". The conduits capped at just above ground level, likely for future expansion
That's good news! Thanks for the photos. EA is using their new next gen hardware from SK Signet. Also good news on potential future expansion. Hopefully we'll see 6 stations sometime soon.

It's quite odd though that the Cheyenne site still isn't showing up on EA's map as coming soon. Even though the station is already installed and just needs utility power switched on.

Great pictures!

So it's interesting that there are TWO sets of capped conduits. It appears the one set on the left would be for a fourth charging cabinet. I wonder what the other set next to the green(ish) cabinet is, or even what that green(ish) cabinet is. Is that the equivalent of what would be the switchgear in a Supercharger installation, and perhaps again, unnecessary with the new hardware?

Good news. The construction fences ate gone. The conduit mystery appears to be solved. The front two dispensers are marked "1A" and "1B". The other two are marked "2" and "3". The conduits capped at just above ground level, likely for future expansion as the charging cabinets are marked "1", "2", and "3" respectively. The asphalt for the irrigation line hasn't yet been filled in. The charging station has not yet been activated.

For those who know more about the chargers Electrify America uses I'm also posting pictures of the identification plates of the number 3 charging cabinet and dispensers. I have no idea when E.A. will actually bring this charging station online.View attachment 207View attachment 208
View attachment 206View attachment 205
Most likely, dispenser 1A and dispenser 1B share the same cabinet while dispenser 2 and dispenser 3 each have its own cabinet.

I wonder what the other set next to the green(ish) cabinet is, or even what that green(ish) cabinet is.
The green cabinet is the electrical transformer. The larger grey cabinet is electrical switchgear that goes from the transformer to each power cabinet that does the AC to DC conversion.

Some work happening here today. Didn't get a picture, but chargers taped off and work being done. Potentially adding the meter?

Edit: On a second drive by, I don't think a meter is happening. I'll check back in a day or so to see if anything progressed from the above.

Last edited:
Still no meter. *crickets chirping*
Any meter yet ~10 days later?

I was planning on adjusting my road trip to go through Cheyenne. That would be in about 2 weeks' time (August 11-12). If there's no hope of this site going live by then, I'll just take I-76 more directly towards the Denver area on my way back home.

Any meter yet ~10 days later?

I was planning on adjusting my road trip to go through Cheyenne. That would be in about 2 weeks' time (August 11-12). If there's no hope of this site going live by then, I'll just take I-76 more directly towards the Denver area on my way back home.
As of Tuesday, there still wasn't a meter. This week is a large event in Cheyenne, so unlikely anything is being done until at least next week.

As of today, Friday 7-28-23 no change. Still no meter and nozzles still wrapped in shipping plastic. I recommend planning alternate route until this is verified as operational, unless you can get by with Level 2 charging in Cheyenne.

Plugshare.com is your friend for alternatives.

I'm going to out of the area for the next 3 weeks, so won't be making any updates until I return.

I think E.A. missed the boat by not having this operating by this week which has been Cheyenne Frontier Days, one of the major rodeo weeks in the region.

This week is a large event in Cheyenne, so unlikely anything is being done until at least next week
I think E.A. missed the boat by not having this operating by this week which has been Cheyenne Frontier Days, one of the major rodeo weeks in the region.
So I guess that's what the big event in Cheyenne was. I agree, such a shame EA didn't energize the site in time for Frontier Days.

As of today, Friday 7-28-23 no change. Still no meter and nozzles still wrapped in shipping plastic. I recommend planning alternate route until this is verified as operational, unless you can get by with Level 2 charging in Cheyenne.

Plugshare.com is your friend for alternatives.

I'm going to out of the area for the next 3 weeks, so won't be making any updates until I return.
No worries, I adjusted my trip plans for other reasons (hotel availability) and I'll no longer be making the return trip along I-80 & I-76 west towards Denver. If I was going to attempt it, I'd just have to charge at the ZEF Potter Nebraska DC slow charger (50 kW) to make it past Cheyenne.

I wonder if I find better luck with the future EA in Omaha..... Not that I would need to charge there as I'm staying in Lincoln, but it would be nice to do one of the first charge tests on that new equipment.

Meter is installed, but the site is still not up and running. One thing I noticed and didn't see it discussed... the site is setup with a 300 kVA transformer so the whole site is going to be limited to ~300 kW unless they add some battery storage or swap the transformer in the future.

IMG_4318.jpeg

Yes, that seems ridiculously small.
If it was 4 150kW units, I wouldn't think it would be too much of an issue given the charging curves of most vehicles... but with 2 350s, it could simply be maxed out by a single Hummer... Seems this site has just been one cluster after another.

Back