List of Tesla Superchargers with magic docks installed

They're coming in fast again now. New one online in Moses Lake, WA. Just added.
But have they yet added any Magic Docks in needed locations?

Or have they all still been a mile or so from working CCS chargers?

-Don- Reno, NV

But have they yet added any Magic Docks in needed locations?

Or have they all still been a mile or so from working CCS chargers?

-Don- Reno, NV
Screenshot_20230926_064808_PlugShare.jpg

It's a pretty noticable gap in 150kW+ chargers, so yes.

It's a pretty noticable gap in 150kW+ chargers, so yes.
Great! Because I think Tesla Superchargers will be lot more reliable than CCS has been. And places such as here, where the only CCS has not worked for a year, has ten working Tesla Superchargers just a few feet away. I just wish to see more of the Magic Docks where needed, even if it is not nearly as fast as it should be on my Energica motorcycles. 8 KW on a Tesla Supercharger is better than nothing, but it will charge at 24 KW on a real CCS.

And I guess I will have to get used to using the Tesla app. I normally use RFID cards for CCS.

CCS failures have been:

• station connectivity: 55 percent
  • internal station faults or errors: 38 percent
  • charging connector or cable: 4 percent
  • credit-card reader: 1 percent
  • display screen: 1 percent
And I have delt with all of the above, and I will add incompatibility between make of vehicle and CCS fast charger to the above list.

-Don- Reno, NV

Add Washington, IN, to the list! This is the first location that will be useful to me. Keep 'em coming!

Edit: correct location is Washington, IN.

Haubstadt, IN, activated.
Montrose, CO, activated.

Someone with a Tesla should be able to predict which stations are currently being worked on. They seem to be deactivating 4 chargers at a time to upgrade them. This should show up as 'out of order' when you click on a station.

Haubstadt, IN, activated.
Montrose, CO, activated.

Someone with a Tesla should be able to predict which stations are currently being worked on. They seem to be deactivating 4 chargers at a time to upgrade them. This should show up as 'out of order' when you click on a station.
Yep. I noticed Haubstadt had the wrench on it this morning with 4 stalls down, and voila, it's up this afternoon.

Another relatively new thing today is that these magic docks are being installed at supercharger sites still under construction. Makes you wonder if they will just start including them with all or most new V3 installations.

Another relatively new thing today is that these magic docks are being installed at supercharger sites still under construction. Makes you wonder if they will just start including them with all or most new V3 installations.
It seems like a no-brainer if their analytics predict excess capacity at a location. The docks have to cost less than $1000 each which is trivial compared to the overall cost of installation.

There is a station under construction near me and I may drive by there later.

Vicksburg, MS, has been activated.

There are some rumors that Beaver, UT, has magic docks but I haven't been able to find any check-ins or photos that confirm this.

Beaver Dam KY shows up in the Tesla app with a red pin, but it still has a 'wrench' icon.

Beaver Dam KY shows up in the Tesla app with a red pin, but it still has a 'wrench' icon.

They're heading towards my home in Nashville! I hope they hit one or more stations closer to me!

This is a photo taken in Beaver Dam, KY, posted on PlugShare earlier today. It's amazing how fast they're able to install these things.

1219254.jpg

Last edited:
Back