Portola, CA CCS coming?

DonTom

Plugshare shows a new "coming soon" for EV-Range CCS fast chargers coming for Portola, CA (this is NOT "Portola Valley, CA") on CA highway 70. Any estimates of when this should be completed?

But the problem there is, there are no more CCS charge stations for quite a distance (or even J-plugs) from there, other than here in Reno. But this is sure a good start to get something away from the major cities in that area of CA.

-Don- Reno, NV

I sure would like to see more concrete evidence of this before even adding it as a Planned site. Maybe someone can try to locate some online permits that would lend a bit more credibility than a Plugshare entry with no comments/checkins/pictures.

I sure would like to see more concrete evidence of this before even adding it as a Planned site. Maybe someone can try to locate some online permits that would lend a bit more credibility than a Plugshare entry with no comments/checkins/pictures.
I go by there quite often and I know the exact spot shown on Plugshare. In fact, I was very close to there yesterday while I charged here.

I will mention here when I see some construction started.

I knew charge stations were in the works there, but I didn't expect CCS, I assumed J-plugs. See here. Down the page a bit where it says "Master Charging Station Licensing Agreement / EV Range Inc.".

So there is a little more credibility than only Plugshare.

-Don- Reno, NV

Last edited:
Back