Mercedes and Buc-ee’s

rbhamilton

Looks like Mercedes and Buc-ee’s have decided to team up. Buc-ee’s, if you haven't been there, is sort of like if Walmart and your corner gas station had a baby. A gigantic massive HUGE baby. Mostly in the south and south west. It's honestly worth stopping even if you don't need to charge/fuel up. There are already a ton of Tesla chargers at Buc-ee’s. But more is good news. Best of all, Mercedes network is "open to all". Mercedes are presently CCS but they are going to NACS in the future so who knows what chargers they will be putting in.

Here's a pic from 2021 when I went to Buc-ee's in Texas.

buc.jpg

This is a good partnership. There are already EA chargers and Tesla chargers at one of the Buc-ee's here in Alabama, and it's an optimal stop for charging times. I'll be curious to see if they target locations without existing EV chargers yet or just double/triple up.

@lpickup, what do you think about going ahead and adding these as planned? We can identify the hardware (ChargePoint Express units), and the locations are pretty straightforward, particularly outside of Texas.

@lpickup, what do you think about going ahead and adding these as planned? We can identify the hardware (ChargePoint Express units), and the locations are pretty straightforward, particularly outside of Texas.
Nominally I'd say sure, although the press release does say "most" locations, and since that means "not all", I'd be afraid of tagging one where none will actually be put in, but if you feel confident in the locations, then I certainly support it.

I wouldn't worry about tagging # of stalls or power level at this point. We can fill that in as we get confirmation.

Alright, I added the ones outside of Texas where I feel pretty confident they'll install these stations. Most of them already host Tesla Supercharger sites.

The only one I left off was in Leeds, AL. There's already an EA commercial station there along with Superchargers, so I was less confident they'd put a 3rd provider there.

If anyone from Texas wants to pipe in on potential locations, feel free. I was just less confident there, as I know some of the older Buc-ee's are smaller (less travel plaza sized).

Back