Texas EV Infrastructure Phase 1 locations

ArtiePenguin1

Well over 20 future DC fast chargers were added to PlugShare this past week when TxDOT released their list of Phase 1 locations for NEVI-funded chargers. They are only doing Interstate corridors right now, but crucially Interstate 27 from Lubbock to Amarillo is included. The only DC charger at the Harley Davidson in Lubbock (which was only 24 kW, so quite useless) has been down for over a year now.

The Interstate 10 and 20 corridors will be better covered in West Texas with future chargers going in Sierra Blanca, Kent, Balmorhea, Monahans, Odessa, Big Spring, and Colorado City amongst other places.

The TxDOT website I linked to claims that construction progress on the chargers would be shown on that page but I don't see any such section yet. Maybe (& hopefully) in the future they'll show that info.

Thank you for the information. If someone doesn't beat me to it, I will get these added in the near future.

These do not appear to have specific addresses or host sites identified yet. Therefore, let's hold off on adding them until that information is available. Please let us know if you come across that information as the plans are finalized.

These do not appear to have specific addresses or host sites identified yet. Therefore, let's hold off on adding them until that information is available. Please let us know if you come across that information as the plans are finalized.
Hopefully the TxDOT dashboard is updated as time goes on. As it says on the main TxDOT NEVI page, that dashboard is supposed to "track progress on the first 56 sites".

Wow, I guess someone requested deletion of all the 20+ DCFCs that were added just a little over a week ago to PlugShare. That's a massive deletion request. If it wasn't an individual user, then maybe PlugShare is being more aggressive in their listings of coming soon chargers.

Still, I see it as a drawback not a benefit to current & future EV drivers.

Back