Power-level filter slider

Yeah, I do like what they did. Probably will add at some point in the future...basically it's a matter of finding time.
Excellent. Thanks!
It appears that fastcharger.info and supercharge.info started out as the same code base but apparently diverged. I do understand there was a need for multiple brands in the fastcharger version. Too bad the common features couldn't be shared. Perhaps there is history about this in some forum thread and I haven't found it yet.

See fastcharger.info introduction for a brief introduction.

Yes, supercharge.info was the initial code base, but naturally, since there were extensive modifications that I've implemented, the code base diverged. Additionally, at the time, there was not much development going on on supercharge.info, but then eventually work picked up there. Additionally my hosting provider did not support the same server-side environment that supercharge.info relies on, so I had to write that whole piece from scratch. So sadly I don't think it would be feasible to share the same codebase at this time, however, in theory some of the UI features should be relatively easy to port.

Just stopping in to say yes, this really needs a minimum power filter! And secondly a minimal stall filter.
Nothing is worse than pulling into a site and finding out it is only 50kW, and someone is using its one stall for the next hour+

@lpickup, I know there are numerous ways to address this request, but might I make a simple one. I would suggest redefining the power level bins to:

1) <=70kw
2) 70-149kw
3) 150-199kw
4) 200+ kw

This effectively bins the power levels by cable/adapter amperage limitation:

1) <200amp
2) 200 amp for 400-800V cars
3) 375 amp for 400-800V cars
4) 500+ amp for 400-800V cars

The amperage limitations seem to be the real world limiting factors. Additionally, it would move the Chargepoint CPE250 125kW chargers outside of the bucket with higher powered and newer charges. I've always found that branding to be a bit misleading. I'd prefer they not show up some of the newer Circle K chargers or other ABB 180kw units, for instance.

Yeah, I would love to have an "amp" rating (and not just power). I don't think I have a universal way of getting that data. For certain hardware we know or can at least deduce it, but many we don't. I'll have to think if there is a way to have an amp level, but then fall back to a power level if we don't have that data.

And I do think I can re-bin as you suggest as a first pass, but then possibly make it a "slider" as was originally requested. The bins were definitely an easy enhancement to do.

Back