List of Tesla Superchargers with magic docks installed

You can add Ames, IA to the list. Added just now.
I do have some catching up to do, but trying to finish up work for the year has been crazy so I'm a bit behind. Hopefully I can get caught up over the break.

Don Burke has created a crowd-sourced list of all Supercharger Magic Dock locations (as well as V4 locations).

The link is https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/don.burke/viz/SuperchargingCompetition/Menu. Just be sure to click on the "Interesting Superchargers" tab. Unfortunately the site is a bit cluttered and the main focus isn't Magic Docks nor V4 locations. It's just a tangent.

Still, it sure beats trying to search X for "V4 Supercharger" since there are always so many results that might not be a brand new station.

FYI, there have been reports that the V4 stalls are outputting the full 500 amps instead of 350 at other MagicDock installs. Once we get additional confirmation, we can update the CCS plugs at those locations to be 250kW.

ETA: Actually, I checked PlugShare, and it looks pretty clear this is true. I will go ahead and update the locations with V4 stalls.

Last edited:
All V4 dispensers have Magic Docks, at least for now, right? But very few are activated. I was surprised to learn of one recently from a video in SC.

With MFG's going to NACS in time, I don't see much of a future for Magic Docks in the long run, but I hope I'm wrong as CCS EVs will be around a LONG time.

And still none (no Magic Docks) within a reasonable day's drive for me (out and back).

All V4 dispensers have Magic Docks, at least for now, right? But very few are activated. I was surprised to learn of one recently from a video in SC.

With MFG's going to NACS in time, I don't see much of a future for Magic Docks in the long run, but I hope I'm wrong as CCS EVs will be around a LONG time.

And still none (no Magic Docks) within a reasonable day's drive for me (out and back).
There are reports on the plugshare and the Rivian forums of 200kW+ at some of the V3 magic docks. Looks like Tesla made the change last week. This means the V3's can now output 450+ amps. I'm guessing this is system-wide, although I can't confirm.

Hopefully this means the untethered magic dock adapters will allow for the same amperage.

Is there much chance of the V1 and V2's being replaced or updated any time soon?

-Don- Reno, NV

Is there much chance of the V1 and V2's being replaced or updated any time soon?

Are there really any V1's left? I think it's just Urban and V2's below V3's. Also, from when I owned Teslas Urbans were really nothing more than force split V2's. V2s 150 were shared but since they were almost always full I could tell no difference between those and Urbans (150/2 vs 72).

But, to answer your question, I hope so; i.e. that someday most/all the older ones (V2's) will be upgraded.

Are there really any V1's left? I think it's just Urban and V2's below V3's. Also, from when I owned Teslas Urbans were really nothing more than force split V2's. V2s 150 were shared but since they were almost always full I could tell no difference between those and Urbans (150/2 vs 72).

But, to answer your question, I hope so; i.e. that someday most/all the older ones (V2's) will be upgraded.
Come to think of it, no, I do not think I ever even saw a V1 Tesla charger. But there sure are a lot of V2's around.

But I have only charged my Tesla on the road a couple of times since year 2018 when I purchased it new.

Nevertheless, I recently added CCS adapter support to it and tested it out here. That is my blue Tesla in the top photo.

I just discovered that the V4 Tesla Superchargers have credit card readers for CCS charging. That is good news to me. I hate using my stupid Smartphone for charging. My main complaint about EA chargers. I carry RFID cards for all the others (that's a lot of RFIS cards!)

There are some V4's in Sparks, NV. Just a few miles from me here. I will have to take a look at those later. Perhaps even get a short charge since I changed my charging ECU the other day to one with CCS adapter support. I tested it on CCS, but not yet on a Tesla Supercharger.

-Don- Reno, NV

All NEVI funded Tesla Supercharger sites in my home state of New Mexico will likely all be Version 4 with a CCS Magic Dock and 1000-volt capable. Both CCS and 1000-volt support are requirements of NEVI.

Tesla won the award for the following locations per the NMDOT press release: Lordsburg, Encino, Gallup, Wagon Mound, Las Vegas, Santa Rosa, Tucumcari.

All new locations (excluding Gallup and Santa Rosa) have now been added to PlugShare as coming soon.

All NEVI funded Tesla Supercharger sites in my home state of New Mexico will likely all be Version 4 with a CCS Magic Dock and 1000-volt capable. Both CCS and 1000-volt support are requirements of NEVI.
I used the Version Four in Sparks the other day to test out my newly replaced charging ECU. No Magic Dock, much like any V3 charger, just looks different.

Notice the "Tesla drivers only" on Plugshare.

My Blue Tesla there:

1707715133876.png

-Don- Reno, NV

I used the Version Four in Sparks the other day to test out my newly replaced charging ECU. No Magic Dock, much like any V3 charger, just looks different.
Thanks for the photo. But yeah, that is the case for all current V4 installs in the US.

However, NEVI funding will require Tesla to enable the built-in Magic Dock and 1000-volt support.

If you look carefully, there is a Magic Dock and small LCD screen built in to all V4 dispensers. They are just currently not energized so you might not have noticed them.

See this excellent video from the very knowledgeable Branden Flasch:

If you look carefully, there is a Magic Dock and small LCD screen built in to all V4 dispensers. They are just currently not energized so you might not have noticed them.
Yes, I am sure that was the case. I did look in the slot after I pulled out the charging plug for the V4 SC and I did think I could have been looking at Magic Dock, but I wasn't sure.

-Don- Reno, NV

Back