FDEP 2021 Grant Award Status

Dirtman16

Fastcharger Editor
The FDEP awarded blink charging a bunch of money back in 2021 to install 52 DC fast chargers at 25 sites. Does anyone have a lead on what happened with these? The other awardees as part of this package seem to have installed their stations already (Disney, Jule, etc.).

Blink Announcement of Locations

These are not listed as planned on fastcharger.info. Normally I'd be inclined to put them in, but this situation seems a bit fishy.

ETA: Most of this are listed in PlugShare, but no one ever seems to find evidence of construction. I tweeted Blink for an update, for what that's worth.

Last edited:
If it's over a year (or even 18 months), I wouldn't be inclined to add these. Sure, it could be the usual "supply chain" issues, but I suspect Blink may have backed out of the deal (which is annoying in that they probably tied up the money that could go to someone that might have done something with it). Hopefully (although doubtful) there was a penalty for not moving forward on the projects.

FYI, I added the remaining sites from Phase 1 of the FDEP awards.

Many of these were already constructed, so I thought it was safe to assume the others would as well. We can remove if they are stagnant for a longer period.

Somewhat shockingly, I got a response from Blink on Twitter. Looks like the Phase 2 sites will be installed, they are just delayed due to development of Blink's DCFC units. I will add the sites in planned stage this weekend.

1683403480412.png

Back