fcibot

Staff member
This thread is for discussion of the GetGo - Old Haymaker Road fast charger

Provider: Tesla

Address: 317 Old Haymaker Rd, Monroeville, PA, 15146

GPS: 40.445173,-79.759653

Stalls: 0

Hours: 24 hours daily

I see 6 Tesla along with 2 BTC chargers being installed here. The BTC have both CCS1 and CHAdeMO connectors.

Since this is being paid with NEVI funds, can I assume that all the Supercharger dispensers have the Magic Dock?

Since this is being paid with NEVI funds, can I assume that all the Supercharger dispensers have the Magic Dock?
It's kind of hard to tell from the PlugShare photos but the signs on the four right-most Superchargers are visibly different than the ones on the two left-most ones (those ones clearly read "Tesla Vehicle Charging Only") - they might have QR codes for Magic Dock activation. The far right Tesla slot has an accessibility sign, but it's also impossible to tell what it says exactly. The angle of the photo is such that it's impossible to see which, if any, stalls have Magic Docks installed on them.

The updated PennDOT award page says the Tesla project has been abandoned. It appears to have been replaced with an EVGo installation at the same exit.

Updated Award Page

I suggest we remove this one or edit to include just the CCS capable chargers.

Lots to cover here.
I suggest we remove this one or edit to include just the CCS capable chargers.
This thread (and the associated pin on the map) will be kept, as there are CCS/CHAdeMO chargers at this site, so that's what this thread will cover.

It's kind of hard to tell from the PlugShare photos but the signs on the four right-most Superchargers are visibly different than the ones on the two left-most ones (those ones clearly read "Tesla Vehicle Charging Only") - they might have QR codes for Magic Dock activation.
Those signs likely indicate 30 minute general parking, with the white section in the middle (that you suspect might be a QR code) is the "30" (or however many minutes they allow--sometimes it's less, sometimes more):

y5b5n5ztmcr51.jpg

This is pretty typical in convenience stores with small parking lots since Tesla comes in and wants to put in 8 stalls but maybe there are only 12 parking spots, so some are marked as available for general parking, while some are reserved solely for charging. Not that anyone actually pays attention to them or are enforced, but that's the idea.

Here is a link to a thread/post over on TMC discussing this site. The Tesla Superchargers themselves have not been abandoned, but rather Tesla pulled out of the grant:

IMG_6123.jpg

On October 9th these two chargers were coned off and were not yet energized. The six Tesla stalls to the left are open. These two fast chargers have Shell Recharge stickers on them.

Back