Fastcharger - Howard - Meijer #298 (Howard, WI)

fcibot

Staff member
This thread is for discussion of the Meijer #298 (Howard, WI) fast charger

Provider: Electrify America

Address: 2015 Shawano Ave, Howard, WI, 54303

GPS: 44.534578,-88.076661

Stalls: 6

Hours:

1116161.jpg

Latest updates from the PlugShare location for that GB charger:

12/4/2023
Ok, guys. I was able to get ahold of Electrify America. I emailed the CEO, and that generated some outreach and someone who was able to give me a complete, and believable, story. Bottom line is they have had a very difficult time working with the local utility. The latest incident was a missed November 30th appointment for WPS (the local utility) to energize the site. I'm emailing the CEO of WPS, but if some folks have some contacts in the regulated utility industry. Might be a good time to reach out to them.

12/4/2023
John's explanation could be right. If you look at a map of the area WPS serves, it's a near charging desert for DCFC. But Tesla does have a couple of Superchargers in WPS served cities. And why would a utility not want to sell electricity? Even if it is WPS at fault, why wouldn't Green Bay or Brown County officials lean on them? Just a lot of people in that neck of the woods that don't believe in EV's I suspect.

12/4/2023
One more update on my post from earlier today regarding the utility delays. I emailed the CEO of WPS. Within a couple of hours he got back to me. He thanked me for reaching out and said he was looking into it. Fingers crossed!

Added to AFDC, so opening should be fairly soon.
As of 01-04-2024, the station remains unusable. WPS has stated they have done all that is required. Comments from customer service have not aligned with the power company WPS. Ground was broken for this station in .2022 and it is now January 2024! Multiple EV owners have contacted local, state and Federal representatives over this mess which does not bode well for EA

As of 01-04-2024, the station remains unusable. WPS has stated they have done all that is required. Comments from customer service have not aligned with the power company WPS. Ground was broken for this station in .2022 and it is now January 2024! Multiple EV owners have contacted local, state and Federal representatives over this mess which does not bode well for EA
Yeah, it's hard to trust anything that anyone tells you when it comes to these kinds of things. They either don't know and are just talking about their own specific task they are working on ("Yes, it will be done next week"), or they aren't willing to share information, or they simply don't know about that one other thing that needs to be done before they can flip the switch. Only the overall project manager has a reasonably good view of the complete project status, and that person isn't talking to anybody!

Back