fcibot

Staff member
This thread is for discussion of the I-70 Diner fast charger

Provider: Electrify America

Address: 17044 CR-5,Flagler,CO,80815

GPS: 39.287311,-103.061362

Stalls: 4(CHAdeMO [?]:?, CCS [?]:?)

Hours: 24 hours daily

This site is temporarily closed, but they are installing a (solar?) canopy here. Would be nice to get some pictures.

This site is temporarily closed, but they are installing a (solar?) canopy here. Would be nice to get some pictures.
1163377.jpg

From the sole photo someone posted on PlugShare, it looks like they ripped up the old Signet dispensers. I don't think they are only installing a canopy, why else would they remove them?

I believe they are doing a complete site upgrade to the new next-gen chargers. The site has been down for almost 2 weeks now. It doesn't take 2 weeks to install a canopy.

I didn't mean to imply that they were only installing a canopy, but rather that with the new install, a canopy would be going in.

I didn't mean to imply that they were only installing a canopy, but rather that with the new install, a canopy would be going in.
No worries; but all the official communication from EA is that they were only installing a canopy. EA should have been happy to trumpet they were doing a full site upgrade instead of just a canopy install.

At least the State of Colorado has enough other DCFCs along that route so CCS EVs aren't inconvenienced with the EA Flagler location being down for 2+ weeks.

A photo update from Thursday (courtesy of Samuel McConnell via PlugShare), unfortunately it looks like EA put back the old Signet dispensers. Such a shame they didn't completely upgrade them!
The only hope is that they upgraded the power cabinets behind the fence, but I doubt it if they didn't bother to upgrade the dispensers.
This would have been the perfect opportunity for EA to do a full site upgrade.

1177010.jpg

Back