Fastcharger - Ellsworth - Maine Coast Mall

Mockingbird

Fastcharger Editor
Hannaford Supermarket, High St., Ellsworth (project owned by Revision Energy) – May 31, 2023

225 High St Suite 1, Ellsworth, ME 04605

ChargePoint network

2 x 65.5 kW

Belfast, ME chargers are under construction and almost complete (looks like it just needs the grid power and maybe pole-mounted transformers)
Same company (Revision Energy) is managing this one so maybe construction has started there as well.

Anyone been by?

OK, just checked PlugShare again. Somebody updated. Construction.

Poster said they're in the mall lot behind McDonalds. That's at the Harbor Freight end, not the Hannaford end (where the Tesla Superchargers are). The photo from PlugShare above checks out with the grab from StreetView below. Looks like they're right where the pickup is parked on the right side of this photo next to the exit to the access/exit road.
I guess the charger name should be changed to just Maine Coast Mall since it's not by the Hannaford.

1685464973893.png

Last edited:
This thread is for discussion of the Maine Coast Mall fast charger

Provider: Non-Networked

Address: 225 High St, Ellsworth, ME, 04605

GPS: 44.530513,-68.407387

Stalls: 4

Hours:

This DCFC site is currently constructed but is not yet connected to the grid. I have connected with Efficiency Maine as well as Revision Energy (the site contractor) and It appears that the ball is in Versant's court to get it connected to the grid. One thought is that there is an issue with getting the required transformer to make the grid connection, although this is not totally clear. It could simply be a prioritization of resources issue. I have yet to connect with Versant to get an idea of when this site might be up and running.

On another, but related note, Revision Energy indicates that the Ellsworth location has been designated as a NEVI site and will be expanded with a total of 6 chargers of 150 Kw or more. (I didn't take notes while on my call with James Penfold and Revision Energy, but I believe I recall our conversation correctly.) This expansion probably will not occur for a year or so, but is a welcome for a very crucial charge point that opens up the Route 1, Downeast corridor for CCS EVs.

Seems like there was a duplicate entry/thread created for this site. The other one specifically mentioned Hannaford in the title, but the Plugshare pin indicates that the station is at the opposite end of the mall, so I am going with the more generic name as the true one.

Anyway, the site is now open with a single 62.5kW station, which certainly does not meet the NEVI requirements, but maybe it will be expanded at a later date.

Back