fcibot

Staff member
This thread is for discussion of the NMDOT - Columbus, NM fast charger

Provider:

Address: 203 Missouri St,Columbus,NM,88029

GPS: 31.832789,-107.637326

Stalls: 0

Hours:

For some unknown reason, this location was removed from PlugShare a little over a week ago. I'm not sure who removed it or why it was removed.

It is still listed on the NMDOT's grant funding list.

Plugshare is sometimes a bit picky about which Coming Soon sites they allow to stay. Maybe they felt that this was a little bit too far out in the future. Which is actually understandable. I have been seeing (and recently cleaning out) cases where grant awards were given out in 2021 with absolutely no signs of progress. I suspect in many cases the award winner simply abandoned the project and/or went out of business, or if I really put my tinfoil hat on, were gas station chains that thought they might try get some free money, but really weren't all that interested in actually installing anything, so applied for the grant and if nothing else kept the money out of the hands of their potential competition.

Let's hope the award winners in NM do come through on their projects.

Plugshare is sometimes a bit picky about which Coming Soon sites they allow to stay. Maybe they felt that this was a little bit too far out in the future.
PlugShare itself is okay with "coming soon" stations being there for over a year. The issue is when other users complain and file a report -- that's when they remove those stations. Especially if there are no photos posted.
I've seen it along the I-70 corridor in Kansas, some frustrated user(s) complained to PlugShare and they removed all of the coming soon locations the Kansas state government gave grant funding to.

Let's hope the award winners in NM do come through on their projects.
Hopefully. The grant here for Columbus looks to be located at Desert Designs Woodcrafting & Embroidery per Google Maps.

I remember struggling to determine what a likely host would be at this site.

The street numbers on Google Maps don't appear to be consistent, and there is a SOUTH Missouri St. where there is a fire station (which would be a likely site). There is also the post office across the street from the Desert Designs site, which seems more likely.

At the end of the day, I think we'll just have to wait and see what appears here.

Drone images that I took 3 weeks ago. I think the chargers will go along Broadway (the repaved street) with a new electrical drop on the adjacent block to the Columbus Visitor's Center.

1118244.jpg

1118239.jpg

Certainly a reasonable guess. I've moved the pin to that vicinity.

Back