Fastcharger - Boston - Logan Airport Cell Phone Waiting Lot

fcibot

Staff member
This thread is for discussion of the Logan Airport Cell Phone Waiting Lot fast charger

Provider: ChargePoint Network

Address: 222 Porter St, Boston, MA, 02128

GPS: 42.370514,-71.029457

Stalls: 6(CCS [62]:6, CHAdeMO [62]:6)

Hours: 24 hours daily

Just a note on this site: It's come and gone from AFDC and Plugshare several times, and the Plugshare entry lists it as Restricted with comments indicating that it's exclusively for Uber/Lyft drivers. I actually suspect those "comments" were added by a rideshare driver in an attempt to discourage the general public from using them.

That said, apparently it is extremely busy and the Uber/Lyft drivers are quite contentious , so I would certainly not rely on this site for a charge.

If there are locals that can corroborate the claim that it is reserved for Uber/Lyft drivers (with a picture of a sign indicating such, perhaps) then I would remove the entry. But until then I will keep it as Open.

Today's update is that the site was added to AFDC, but with a name indicating "Ride App Staging Lot" and a comment that "prior approval is required before charging". Again, I suspect if anything, this was added in a non-authoritative way by a rideshare driver, but at this point I think I'm willing to simply consider this one restricted and mark it closed. I'll go ahead and re-open if someone lets me know that all these comments and such are just BS, but in effect it seems like the rideshare drivers have at least in effect taken over this site.

Back