fcibot

Staff member
This thread is for discussion of the BGE-Whitmore Garage fast charger

Provider: Greenlots

Address: 37 Clay St,Annapolis,MD,21401

GPS: 38.979374,-76.496327

Stalls: 1(CHAdeMO [?]:?, CCS [?]:?)

Hours: 24 hours daily

Note, the reason that Whitmore Garage fell off the AFDC and Shell Recharge app is probably because the area of the parking garage where the charger is located is being renovated and the charging station is not accessible.

So this site has come back and fallen off several times. It's now gone from AFDC and the Shell app. I'm going to mark it as permanently closed again, but if you have any local knowledge that I should keep it around, let me know.

My understanding of the situation with this charger and others run by the same operator is that they remove from the app/list any of their chargers that become inoperable. The downstream effect of this is that when a charger is removed from the API feed, then it gets removed from AFDC. When the charger is repaired and added back to the app, it evidently shows up on the AFDC with a new ID number.

My understanding of the situation with this charger and others run by the same operator is that they remove from the app/list any of their chargers that become inoperable. The downstream effect of this is that when a charger is removed from the API feed, then it gets removed from AFDC. When the charger is repaired and added back to the app, it evidently shows up on the AFDC with a new ID number.
I have definitely seen that behavior from many different CPOs, and especially Shell Recharge lately (which is the one in this case).

This one somehow seems different though. First of all it has had a pretty horrible track record. And I know you posted about a year ago about work being done on the garage itself which impacted the availability, but there also haven't been any checkins of any kind since March of this year, and even that was just a J1772 checkin. You have to go back well over a year to find any kind of successful fastcharger checkins, so I am wondering if they truly gave up on this one.

I usually give a station 6 months of being off AFDC/Plugshare/CPO app before I finally decide it's permanently closed (unless something leads me to believe that it's even sooner, like a Plugshare comment indicating that the stations have been physically removed). This was the case earlier this year, but then suddenly it got added back to AFDC and the app in July, but then pulled again. Meanwhile there had not been any checkins.

Like I said, if there is any concrete proof that this station is actually there and alive I am happy to re-open it, but it really doesn't look good for this station.

I think it is likely still in place but may be offline. Here is a photo I took of the site in March along with an uptime report that includes that DCFC.

WhitmoreG.jpeg

Screenshot 2023-09-08 at 1.46.20 PM.png

Nice report. Where did that come from? Is it public record?

Seems like they have a long way to go to get to 99% or even 95% uptime.

Back