EVGateway Discussion

Falcon73

This CPO/network seems to be very regional and it does exist in my area of OC, CA, USA. Probably because they are headquartered in nearby Irvine, CA, at least as far as I can tell from their RFID card letter (the return envelope was hand written).

I have "found" a number of sites that don't appear to exist on their app, which has make it most frustrating to "hunt" their chargers.

It seems they list test chargers as "public" on their app as well. I will attach a couple examples on the next post.

Test sites are a good thing, but are not for public use, so I emailed them to ask for their removal.

I've only charged successfully at EVG sites a couple times and it wasn't easy...

They don't seem to be a player of significance, so I wonder who is funding them.

Has anyone else seen or used a EVG site?

Thanks,

Ive tried them a few times, they are mostly on older BTCpower units, but they run on a variety of different hardware ABB, old Tritium, Siemens branded Tritium. Alot of newer ones are Tellus. I always have a difficult time getting them to work. I have multiple EVs and its always a gamble with EVgateway.

I tried an EVG site in Tustin, CA yesterday. 4 of the posts were already replaced with Blink units (not active for months) and EVG advised the entire site is in Blink's hands now, so the other 4 old BTC EVG units appear to be abandoned.

I haven't seen anyone else using these Tellus units. Their screens are extremely dim.

EV Gateway seems to be one of a handful of "providers" that is mainly contributing a back-end network management and customer facing front-end (i.e. app/payment system). Some of their customers may brand the stations in their own name, but are really using the EV Gateway back-end, while some smaller hosts may not do the branding and so they appear as "EV Gateway" network.

I doubt we will see their "system" grow much before there is consolidation in this space. There are way too many networks/providers/apps in the space now, and while I like competition, the quality of some of these minor players is just horrible. Having a 10-15 good solid performers in the space seems reasonable. We don't need 50.

Back