Electrify America @ Pine City, MN

Mockingbird

Fastcharger Editor
Nordic Star LLC-Evergreen Square (Pine City, MN)

110 Evergreen Sq SW, Pine City, Minnesota 55063-2000

Electrify America network

Also I'm going to mark this as under construction, although it appears to be stalled (IRA related delay?)

Equipment is on site

1157865.jpg

Added to AFDC, so look for this one to come online shortly.

I can see that but it seems odd that the Circle K chargers a block away got turned on quickly. I think this might be an EA issue.
I agree, but mostly because they added the site to AFDC so long ago and nothing yet. Although, I have seen several other similar cases as well.

That said, it also could be that Circle K has better project management than EA (who may be taking more of a shotgun approach). By that I mean that Circle K may have lined up their delivery of equipment to the site with the availability of the transformer and utility connection. No sense in committing equipment to a site where they will sit for months on end. EA, on the other hand, was probably in a rush to spend money on equipment and didn't bother trying to align schedules. Better to meet some self-imposed milestone of having a certain number of stations in place (whether operational or not) than to actually have things working! Just speculation of course with a bit of cynicism mixed in.

I agree, but mostly because they added the site to AFDC so long ago and nothing yet. Although, I have seen several other similar cases as well.

That said, it also could be that Circle K has better project management than EA (who may be taking more of a shotgun approach). By that I mean that Circle K may have lined up their delivery of equipment to the site with the availability of the transformer and utility connection. No sense in committing equipment to a site where they will sit for months on end. EA, on the other hand, was probably in a rush to spend money on equipment and didn't bother trying to align schedules. Better to meet some self-imposed milestone of having a certain number of stations in place (whether operational or not) than to actually have things working! Just speculation of course with a bit of cynicism mixed in.
That makes sense. And I totally understand the EA cynicism, I have a lot of that too. Glad that there are more companies opening up chargers and Tesla seems to be opening up to almost everyone next year.

Back