Electrify America @ Great Falls, MT

What do you all think? Is it time to finally let this one rest in peace?

I actually called a bunch of people in Great Falls and spoke with the guy supervising this project on the phone. In an Email they claim the deal with Town Pump isn't totally dead. But there's still no charger or any sign of one. So who knows.

Here's what I got for an email.

October 10 2023

Rob – I found out we are still working on the agreement with Town Pump on hosting the DCFC in Great Falls. The plan is still deploy a charger there; however, I do not have an exact time the charger will get deployed as it is dependent on an executed agreement with Town Pump.

As I mentioned on the phone, here if the information on the National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Program for the state of MT: National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Program (NEVI) | Montana Department of Transportation (MDT). And here the link to Montana’s current EV charging plan from the ~$43M of NEVI funds: https://www.mdt.mt.gov/publications/plans/ev/docs/2023-MT-NEVI-Plan.pdf

Hopefully this is helpful. Please reach out with any other questions.

Sincerely,

Jon S.

Jon Shafer

Manager System Innovation

Jonathan.Shafer@NorthWestern.com
O 406-497-2452
C 406-490-6805
121 E Griffin Dr.
Bozeman, MT 59715

I actually called a bunch of people in Great Falls and spoke with the guy supervising this project on the phone. In an Email they claim the deal with Town Pump isn't totally dead. But there's still no charger or any sign of one. So who knows.
Are we talking about the same project?

This one was to be sited at a Smith's Grocery, not a Town Pump. So I think the answer to my question is, yes, it's time to put this one to rest, but potentially there may be a new 4-stall site located at the Town Pump at 1400 10th Ave S (according to the document you shared) (there is also a 2-stall ChargePoint site listed as well).

Back