Changes tab will now distinguish between newly opened sites, and sites that have re-opened (after closure)

lpickup

Administrator
Staff member
As I mentioned in a different thread, it's pretty rare for a Tesla Supercharger to temporarily close, usually due to a major reconstruction at the host site, which tends to be lengthy in duration.

With non-Tesla chargers, however, it's a daily occurrence. Based on the information I receive (from AFDC) when a site is marked there as Temporarily Closed (or more commonly, completely removed), I never know whether this is just a simple day long glitch, or a more lengthy renovation/upgrade. More often than not, it's the former, but I usually have no way of knowing.

As I attempt to keep my data in sync with AFDCs, I typically take the approach of marking sites as Temporarily Closed when the provider marks it as such (and usually confirmed by Plugshare checkins). But typically the site will re-open a few days later, causing an update in the Changes section of the site. But given the frequency of closures and subsequent re-openings, it's hard to tell whether a given site is actually brand new, or just coming back online.

I have made a modification such that going forward, when a site is re-opening (rather than opening for the first time), it will show as "Re-Open" in the changes tab. Brand new sites will appear as "Open".

I had wanted to have this change be retroactive, but that wasn't as easy as I had originally thought. I may be able to still do this, but it's fairly low on the priority list. But for now, hopefully this will make the Changes tab a little more meaningful.

Back