Search results

1. DonTom

No more EV-Gos?

All (and I mean every one of them) of the EV-Gos I have used in the past are no longer in service. A few examples: Both locations (four total) on I-80 in the Sierra's of CA. The one in Carson City, NV The one in Incline Village, NV The two in Strawberry, CA on US50 Oh, I now see this note at...
  2. DonTom

ChargePoint, Electrify America, Blink and EVgo don't work 20% to 30% of the time

It says here. And when they don't work, they are almost never repaired. -Don- Auburn, CA
  3. DonTom

DC vs AC charging and appropriateness/capabilities of each

As if Sacramento needs another fast charger. A thousand fast chargers do little good when they are all grouped together in the same area. -Don- Auburn, CA (40 miles east of Sacramento)
  4. DonTom

EV-GO--all going offline NOV 1

I saw this note on Plugshare: " EVgo Announcement The EVgo charging network will be offline between 1 - 3 a.m. PT Wednesday, November 1 while we conduct network maintenance. You will not be able to charge at any EVgo locations during this time and encourage customers to plan accordingly. We...
  5. DonTom

Fastcharger - White Rock - White Rock Visitor Center (White Rock, NM)

I am in my motorhome right now in White Rock, NM (87547). Next to me is a NEW CCS ChargePoint, still wrapped up, at the White Rock Welcome Center. I do not see it mentioned in this forum. Yesterday, I took a photo of it: -Don- White Rock, NM
  6. DonTom

CCS rollout to underserved areas

Looks like Glendale, AZ will be next. Is Tesla planning on adding Magic Dock to every one of their superchargers? Or is it just for "select locations" (which often means everywhere except for where it is needed the most)? -Don- Reno, NV
  7. DonTom

Portola, CA CCS coming?

Plugshare shows a new "coming soon" for EV-Range CCS fast chargers coming for Portola, CA (this is NOT "Portola Valley, CA") on CA highway 70. Any estimates of when this should be completed? But the problem there is, there are no more CCS charge stations for quite a distance (or even J-plugs)...
  8. DonTom

My problems with CCS yesterday

Yesterday, I went with a buddy, Dave, up to Red Bluff and then rode back down to Yuba City which is around 100 miles. In Yuba City, there are two fast charge locations with four chargers each. We did not try this one, as it has been down for months, as are countless CCS chargers which never get...
  9. DonTom

Tech charging question

Something I never understood about EV charging: As we all know, EVs reduce the charge rate at above 90% SOC or so. No questions about that except for . . . . I normally charge Electric motorcycles so these numbers below could seem low, but the same happens with cars, just larger numbers. If...
  10. DonTom

A new CCS location?

When I rode my Zero DSR/X motorcycle down to Bridgeport, CA yesterday, I noticed construction in front of the Walker Country Store in Coleville, CA. By any chance can we find out if this will be a new fast charger location? I tried calling the phone number (530) 495-2945 several times, but I...
  11. DonTom

Chargepoint RFID cards at EA?

Whatever happened to the ideal of being able to use ChargePoint cards at Electrify America? I do not like to use my cellphone to activate a charger. I normally have my cell with me, but it is usually off and takes quite a while to bootup. And then there could be too much sunlight or other...
  12. DonTom

CCS charging station reliability / interoperability

I was surprised when I first heard that Rivian had their own charging network. And I wondered why they did that. Are their chargers as reliable as are Tesla Superchargers? I assume they are. I have wondered if the main reason CCS is so unreliable is because they have so many different types...
  13. DonTom

Are broken CCS chargers ever repaired??

I just now realized of all the CCS chargers that I am aware of that have broken over the last couple of years, not even one of them have been repaired. Not counting short times down for an update and needing a reboot that the property owner can do and small stuff like that. Does anybody...
Back