Rivian Adventure Network should be excluded

My intent is to include Supercharger sites with Magic Docks (see List of Tesla Superchargers with magic docks installed), although obviously for now, it's just the initial 11. You can see this on the "By Provider" map and selecting Tesla.

I do also attempt to tag sites with Tesla connectors. Most of these are EVgo sites that share the CHAdeMO connector with Tesla through the use of the adapter, but I've spotted at least one site that bolted on a CCS adapter to their station, as well as the new Revel Superhub in Brooklyn that has 8 CCS adapters on their stations.

Yes they plan to, however, it doesn't exactly say when (for opening up their DCFC 'Rivian Adventure Network'). It could be over a year from now. Once they do become open to the public, then hopefully they'd be listed on here.

I also think it's incredibly stupid of Rivian to even operate a closed network. Literally all they have to do is let non-Rivian CCS drivers pay using an app. Rivian is literally leaving money on the table keeping their network exclusive.

Anyways, @lpickup what are your plans for listing Tesla Superchargers that include CCS compatible Magic Dock installs? Right now, there aren't may of them but Tesla claims they'll roll out more. For me in an 800-volt vehicle, it won't be useful until they install V4 Superchargers that can output up to 1000 V; I'd be stuck at only 100 kW on V2 or V3.

I expect this is purely an early evaluation period to ensure they operate properly. That's easier to do with their own vehicles first. Opening the network from the get-go and then have it fail for non-Rivian vehicles would be a PR disaster for a startup struggling to survive its first first years in production.

Back