No more EV-Gos?

DonTom

All (and I mean every one of them) of the EV-Gos I have used in the past are no longer in service.

A few examples:

Both locations (four total) on I-80 in the Sierra's of CA.
The one in Carson City, NV
The one in Incline Village, NV
The two in Strawberry, CA on US50

Oh, I now see this note at the EV-Go at Dutch Flat I-80, CA EV-GO as I was checking for others:

"EVgo Announcement
Our chargers at some locations are being removed from service as part of EVgo ReNew, a comprehensive maintenance program in which we plan to replace, upgrade, or in some cases retire, hundreds of stations over the coming year to enhance charger availability and build range confidence. You can always check the PlugShare app to find more fast charging stations near you. For more information, visit EVgo.com/ReNew or email support@evgo.com."

Can somebody here translate what all that really means? This has been going on for a while, and all I see from it is more and more taken out of service--Now includes EVERY EV-GO I have ever used!

Is EV-Go getting out of the charging business? Some of the most important locations (such as the only CCS in Incline, Village, NV (a very busy location near Lake Tahoe) has been out of service for MORE than a year.

Just as I expected, the
visit:

EVgo.com/ReNew

goes to "Page not found"

-Don- Reno, NV

Here is what EV-Go is saying.

If it's true, it sure is a slow process. All I have seen in the last year is EV-Gos going out of service one after the other--and every one of them I have ever used.

-Don- Reno, NV

EVgo is removing those old 50 kW chargers.

Some sites will upgrade with 100 kW and 350 kW chargers, but other sites will be decommissioned.

EVgo is removing those old 50 kW chargers.

Some sites will upgrade with 100 kW and 350 kW chargers, but other sites will be decommissioned.
IOW, we will have less chargers from EV-GO. FWIW, 50KW is more than I need. 99% of my fast charging is with a couple of Energica motorcycles that can charge as high as 25 KW.

So this EV-GO thing is bad news for me. And it is taking forever for them to start any work out here in the west. Many have been offline for more than a year--important locations such as Incline Village near Lake Tahoe.

I see no progress being made with EV-GO. Makes me wonder if they are getting out of the charger business completely. Every EV-GO I have ever used (many) are now out of service.

-Don- Reno, NV

Back