New Mexico Department of Transportation - Park and Ride

Mockingbird

Fastcharger Editor
703 Industrial Park Dr, Las Vegas, NM 87701
ChargePoint Network
4 x 62.6 kW

1088024.jpg
1088023.jpg

Weird that the person that posted the picture you didn't include, helpfully showing the location of the site in relation to the Park & Ride sign, didn't place the Plugshare pin very accurately (in fact, it's way off!) I think I got it more or less in the right spot here.

Weird that the person that posted the picture you didn't include, helpfully showing the location of the site in relation to the Park & Ride sign, didn't place the Plugshare pin very accurately (in fact, it's way off!) I think I got it more or less in the right spot here.
Hi, I'm the person who found that location and posted the photos on PlugShare. Sorry, I tried my best to capture the location of the new chargers. The best photo that I took was showing the NMDOT blue sign; that is the current poster image on PlugShare.
1088025.jpg

I adjusted the map pin moments ago; the correct location is right by where Google Maps has the pin for "NM Department of Transportation Park & Ride."

I hope to get drone photos of the site later. All those drone photos at the upcoming DCFCs in New Mexico were taken by me. It was just too windy when I visited this location in late February.

Hi, I'm the person who found that location and posted the photos on PlugShare. Sorry, I tried my best to capture the location of the new chargers. The best photo that I took was showing the NMDOT blue sign; that is the current poster image on PlugShare.
Yes, that image is the one that certainly helps nail down the correct pin position! Thanks!

Looks like 3 out of the 4 stations are now live in the ChargePoint app.

Looks like 3 out of the 4 stations are now live in the ChargePoint app.
I spoke with NMDOT on the phone on Friday and they aren't finished being setup (provisioned). They are intended to be two paired 125 kW installs. The official told me the target date for them to go live is September 7th. They needed to fix the wiring between paired units.

Please do not mark these as open until the ChargePoint app says they are something other than 50 kW. If it says 50 kW, they haven't finished setting them up.

I get that it may not be at its full power level (something typical at first), but they are showing as available in the app, so I had already marked it as open. I will adjust the power once they get them linked up.

I get that it may not be at its full power level (something typical at first), but they are showing as available in the app, so I had already marked it as open. I will adjust the power once they get them linked up.
I understand but if you watched the entire video in the X post (tweet) you'd see that I was completely unable to charge even though the app said 1 station was available.

Marking this as open leaves a strong likelihood someone will be stranded. I wouldn't count on this station being completely online until all 4 stations show up as something other than 50 kW. They should really unlist the stations while they are being provisioned.

NMDOT told me tomorrow, September 7th is the target opening date.

Kind regards,
ArtiePenguin1/Jacob

I will adjust the power once they get them linked up.
Good news!
I can confirm directly from NMDOT that this site is open finally. The app also now correctly reflects a max 62 kW charge rate instead of 50 kW when they were still being provisioned.
NMDOT is in the process of getting two of the CPE-250s paired, so two will eventually be 125 kW max.

-Jacob

Back