Major Volta housecleaning

lpickup

Administrator
Staff member
My nightly scrape of the AFDC database last night introduced a huge number of updates this morning, mostly related to the Volta network. It looks like someone did a housecleaning of their database entries.

Whenever I detect a change, my system queues up sites for review, even if I've previously accepted differences. For example, Volta site names usually indicate "DCFC" and the charger number. They also list each day's hours individually, even if they are the same for each day of the week (I simplify these by saying, for example, "6am-12am daily").

For many of these, I simply need to scan the entry and re-accept the changes I made to the name & hours. However, in this case, it appears they actually made many actual changes so I am having to go through and re-verify many of these, and this is taking quite a bit of time. In many cases they are marking them as temporarily closed. In others, they have changed the hours (previously many were listed as 9am-3am, but now are 6am-12am -- I suspect this was probably some kind of time zone issue) (why are these charging stations not 24 hours, by the way?)

Another complication is that at many Volta sites, particularly malls and outlets, there are actually several stations located around the premises, but not really the same site (one or two stations located at each entrance for example), so untangling these and matching them up to Plugshare entries is a bit complicated.

Anyway, I have processed all of the "easy" reviews and some of the harder ones, but I still have over 50 of the hard ones to review. I will be working on these over the next few days, so your patience is appreciated!

I have completed the Volta updates. What a headache! And many are now marked as Temporarily Closed, so if/when they fix them, I will have to go through updates again. Hopefully they will trickle in and not all be done on the same day.

We have a few Volta sites around here, but the one in South OC is much maligned. I'd much rather have it be pay and working than free and not. Its PS score is currently 1.0...

Back