Georgia Power community charger plan for 2023 posted

lordsutch

Earlier this week, Georgia Power filed their community charging plan for 2023 with the Georgia Public Service Commission, which can be found here: Document Detail. The documents include a list of 16 proposed sites for construction this year as part of the program, mostly in rural Georgia south of Atlanta, although there are a couple of locations listed to the northwest of Atlanta as well. However, the filing also says that they plan to only build 11 sites, so these may not all be finalized or they may defer some sites to 2024 perhaps.

The specific locations listed are in Donalsonville, Cuthbert, Richland, Georgetown, Rockmart, Summerville, Jesup, Griffin, Americus, McRae, Baxley, Cochran, Hawkinsville, Homerville, Blackshear, and Edison. There seems to be a bit of a focus on several non-Interstate corridors like US 84, US 27, US 23, US 341, and US 19 in the site choices.

(I put this in the ChargePoint forum since Georgia Power has exclusively been installing stations on the ChargePoint network to date; most recent installs have been paired CPE250 units, and I expect these will be as well.)

Great info! I just made another thread after I saw your post on Twitter. I'll link to this thread from that one.

I mentioned there, but I suggest we hold off on adding the locations on fastcharger.info until we have specific addresses. @lpickup can overrule me if he wants.

There are intersections listed in the document on page 2, but they seem to be tentative; I don't think they've arranged any property leases yet, or presumably they'd mention who the site host will be.

So, holding off on adding the locations here and on PlugShare seems to be the wise choice.

Back