Fremont County Pioneer Museum (OtterSpace)

Mockingbird

Fastcharger Editor
Fremont County Pioneer Museum
1443 W Main St, Lander, WY 82520
EV Connect network
1 x 120 kW or 2 x 60 kW (ABB Terra 124)

Operated by OtterSpace Electric Vehicle

According the the museum's facebook, construction started in May.

Usually I'd like to see a bit more evidence of it being opened (i.e. an actual successful checkin and/or appearing in the app), but I will be going camping for a week starting early tomorrow AM and will not be able to make updates until next weekend. It is very likely that this station is actually open, so I will go ahead and update it to OPEN on the map. Thanks again for the report!

This charger is now up on EV Connect as well. It'll probably be a few weeks before I head that direction, but I'll be sure to check it out when I do and update here.

1167360.jpg

Picture up on Plugshare

A speed update here... the charger is limited to 200 amps. So the ~400v class cars will be limited to ~80 kW charging here.
I sure am glad I have an 800-volt EV (Kia EV6). I rarely run into any amperage limits. My vehicle would only request 160 amps at this 120 kW charger (average battery voltage of 750).

800-volt is overall more efficient. No need to ever pump out 500 amps just to get 200 kW charging. 500 amps would give an 800-volt car over 375 kW!!

Back