Fastcharger - Wisconsin Rapids - Wheelers Chevy Buick GMC of Wisconsin Rapids

Not sure what to make of this site.

Earlier this month, it looks like they replaced the still relatively new, but damaged, Blink station with a Flo station while the Blink station was down.

However, according to Plugshare and the Flo site, there is a $25 session fee at this station! That indicates to me that the dealer is basically making this site restricted, so I am inclined to remove it.

But wait! If you go to the Blink site, it shows this site as being available. I wonder if that's a glitch in their system and really the Blink charger is actually gone. Would be great to have some first-hand reports on this.

There are 4 or 5 Wheeler Auto Group DC chargers that recently appeared online in central Wisconsin. And IMHO they all seem a little suspect. I have family over in that area so I was excited to see more DC's come online.

The charging fees seem outrageous. Up to $60/hour + $10+ "connection charges".

And a PlugShare user named "mary jo" (also the name of the auto group owner.... ) keeps adding plugshare comments about how great the chargers are and responding to pricing criticism about demand charges and other negative feedback. There were some positive PlugShare comments from usernames I recognize as offering valuable feedback on other sites, so I am inclined to believe they exist.

Then this week, many of these Wheeler group DC locations were deleted & re-added in Plugshare, which conveniently wipes out all the comments.

I mean, yay for more chargers. I should try them before I judge, and I *think* they're legit. But the PlugShare activity around them seems a bit sketchy. Trust with caution since PlugShare scores don't matter if they keep getting deleted.

Last edited:
Back