fcibot

Staff member
This thread is for discussion of the Shell - Westavia Hills fast charger

Provider:

Address: 2423 Acton Rd,Vestavia Hills,AL,35243

GPS: 33.410384,-86.762703

Stalls: 2

Hours:

Just checking in on this one. Here is the text from the original grant award press release dated June 10, 2021 (https://adeca.alabama.gov/wp-conten...icle-Projects-Awarded-as-of-August-2021-1.pdf)

Encore Franchises - $151,007 for a two-bay charging station at 2423 Acton Road in Vestavia Hills near Interstate 459.

It used to have a Plugshare entry, but now it's gone. There is another Shell station that had 2 stations installed in September of last year:

which is the second Encore Franchises site from the same grant announcement:

Encore Franchises - $151,007 for a two-bay charging station at 1639 U.S. Highway 31 in Vestavia Hills.

So, whatever happened to this site? It sure does stink that these grants would be awarded to companies that fail to act on them. Hopefully if not acted upon, it frees up the money for use in later rounds.

It makes me wonder what to do with this site (and other similar sites). After a certain amount of time do I assume the proposal has been abandoned and simply delete it? What do you think?

Yeah, I mentioned in another thread, but I would remove this (plus the others I noted there). I expect this grant funding will go back into the pool of money that ADECA administers for non-interstate charging grants (routes not eligible for NEVI money).

Okay...sounds good. I am going to delete this entry.

Back