fcibot

Staff member
This thread is for discussion of the Socorro Historic Plaza fast charger

Provider: ChargePoint Network

Address: 116 Plaza, Socorro, NM, 87801

GPS: 34.057323,-106.893429

Stalls: 0

Hours:

Per another PlugShare user, the NMDOT plans to have these operational within 2 months. I really hope they don't cheap out and install CPE-250s here when ChargePoint offers the ChargePoint Express Plus with higher power output. At the very least they should pair two CPE-250s together for a max 125 kW output since I-25 should be considered a major travel corridor.

Otherwise, those of us with faster (>150 kW) EVs will need to wait for Francis' Elephant Butte location (or EA's Socorro location, but that was just announced 2 months ago) to go live.

1129393.jpg

Finally some progress but the city or state is really slow rolling all of us. They seem not to have the urgency and importance of electrifying the I-25 corridor south of Albuquerque. They are now 6 weeks past the quoted "60 days" that the NMDOT gave Paul Tenorio at an EV event. The 60 day mark was reached on July 6th.

As expected, just two (likely unpaired) CPE-250s. I don't know why the state can't be bothered to run a DC to DC bus between the two units to give us 125 kW of power when only one car is plugged in. It's not like it would require a larger grid connection or demand charges. It would be exactly equal in output to if two EVs pulled up to unpaired CPE-250s and drew 62 kW each.

No one is properly thinking of this as a travel corridor charger. My gripes aside, I will be glad to at least have this option at 62 kW and with 24/7 access unlike the sad 25 kW unit at Melloy Chevy in Los Lunas which is not 24/7 access.

1190150.jpeg

Back