Fastcharger - Santa Monica - Public Parking Lot 27

fcibot

Staff member
This thread is for discussion of the Public Parking Lot 27 fast charger

Provider: eVgo Network

Address: 1334 5th Street,Santa Monica,CA,90401

GPS: 34.017639,-118.49514

Stalls: 6(CCS [350]:3, CCS [100]:3, CHAdeMO [100]:6)

Hours: 24 hours daily

Here's one I could use some help with.

EVgo claims this is a 12-stall site, and it may be. But it would depend on how the two 200kW stations are sited. It would appear that they could support simultaneous charging, but are the stations positioned (and parking spots allocated) such that there really would be two dedicated stalls?

This is a bit far for me to check out, even on a weekend, but the PlugShare picture strongly suggests only 1 car can park in each stall. I've seen these lower 100kW Delta chargers and they show they can support simultaneous charging but I've yet to see a EVgo site installed where two cars could practically use the same post. i.e. two cars would have a very hard time parking AND using he same post.

I will further investigate a local EVgo site with this setup (there are a few) and report on one when I can.

I agree with the 100kW chargers. And I don't technically count those as two stalls even if they did allow for two cars to be parked at each, because it would have to be two SPECIFIC cars (one CCS and one CHAdeMO).

There are two problems with the Plugshare pictures.

First and foremost we are not seeing the entire site. We are only seeing 7 out of the 10 stations at this site.

And more importantly, I don't think we are seeing the two 200 kW stations (WINTER and NOELLE) in any of the pictures. We are looking for stations with 2 CCS connectors, and all of the stations in the Plugshare pictures appear to have at least one CHAdeMO connector. So I don't think we are seeing the stations that I am asking about.

EVgo has been doing a really good job with their dual-CCS 350kW units of dedicated two parking spots for each station, so I am hoping they are doing the same with these 200kW units. But I don't know for sure.

Back