Fastcharger - Sacramento - Costco - East Commercial Way

tkmedia

This thread is for discussion of the Costco - East Commercial Way fast charger
Provider: Electrify America
Address: 3881 East Commercial Way.,Sacramento,CA,95834
Stalls: 10

Dug up a permit on this 5 BTC 10 dispenser at a under construction Costco in Sacramento, CA. Planning phase as there is no completed building and lot is being prepared and under heavy construction.

53371889679_518e8c6088_c.jpgScreenshot 2023-12-02 174530.jpg

Last edited:
There is a building now, and parking lot looks to be half complete. no charging yet.

Thanks for the info...just added...sorry for the delay, but got extremely caught up with various end-of-year activities and was not able to keep up with regular forum posts. If you need to reach me for database updates, tag me @lpickup for faster response. Thanks!

Its only been a month and site concentration is only okay for 5 stalls in this part of Calif so its not that important of a site.

Last edited:
Costco announces the plan is on schedule and stated to open in March 2024. Maybe it will be ready in time for opening? maybe not?

Costco announces the plan is on schedule and stated to open in March 2024. Maybe it will be ready in time for opening? maybe not?
Hard to say...I've seen it happen both ways (charging stations open before, and open after, the host site). Since they are probably working with a third-party CPO for the charging stations, I doubt the opening would be simultaneous, but time will tell.

not sure who would provide service, Costco has in the past mostly have chargepoint as well as a few freewire units which typically has evconnect and shell on their lot. Not sure in this particular case as permit just stated btc power with separate chargers and dispensers not AIO. I have not use their newer Gen4 dispensers yet, but pretty sure I used some Gen4 360 kW charger cabinets with Gen2 dispensers.. hopefully they will not be putting in old gen2 dispensers!

IMAO, this is a totally useless site for more chargers. Countless others within a mile or so.

I wish they would take half of the chargers in Sacramento and spread them out more in the middle of nowhere, CA.

-Don- Reno, NV

I dunno Don, it sorta makes sense to me. There are lots of new big apartment building being built around there with more than likely limited charging. Those old 3 stalls flanking the new ones wont cut it.

dunno Don, it sorta makes sense to me. There are lots of new big apartment building being built around there with more than likely limited charging. Those old 3 stalls flanking the new ones wont cut it.
New buildings in CA must go by these laws WRT EV Charging.

BTW, I have charged at several places in Sacramento over the years. I was always the only one charging up wherever I went in Sacramento.

-Don- Reno, NV

Didn't stop, but went by on the interstate yesterday. Host site is open. Looks like at least some hardware is installed.

53591793259_17619f0eeb_o.jpgHad someone take a picture for me. 8 dispensers together and 2 more (not pictured) split towards the front with a ADA.

Back