Fastcharger - Milwaukee - Outpost Natural Foods (3)

fcibot

Staff member
This thread is for discussion of the Outpost Natural Foods (3) fast charger

Provider: eVgo Network

Address: 7000 W State St,Milwaukee,WI,53213

GPS: 43.047417,-88.000346

Stalls: 1(CHAdeMO [?]:?, CCS [?]:?)

Hours: 24 hours daily

Per AFDC this station will be removed from service on or around 2/4/23.

Also interesting comment from a Plugshare user (note highlighted text):

Soon to be decommissioned. Per email from EVGo support, as part of the “EVGo Renew” program this charger will soon be removed and is not being replaced. Looks like EVGo is leaving the Wisconsin market entirely.

Not having seen the e-mail, I can't confirm whether the "not being replaced" was actually in the e-mail or the recipient was reading between the lines, but we shall see.

That's my post on PlugShare. ;)

I emailed EVGo to ask about their unit at Outpost in Bayview on KK (destroyed in January 2022 by a snow plow then re-appeared & powered in December of 2022 but will not authenticate or charge) and whether any EVGo chargers in Milwaukee are going to be replaced by their ReNew program.

Thank you for contacting EVgo. We apologize for the inconvenience.

We understand your concern regarding this issue. This charger removal is part of the EVgo ReNew program, a comprehensive maintenance program that we just recently announced. Through EVgo ReNew, we plan to replace, upgrade, or in some cases retire, hundreds of stations over the coming year with the goals of enhancing charger availability and building range confidence for EV drivers of all types.

EVgo is building new stations across the country each week as part of our goal to energize 16,000 charging stalls by 2027, and you can find all the latest station opening announcements on our social media channels or through our newsletter

That's a corporate boilerplate & unhelpful answer. So I replied a bit more directly (not expecting a better response), "Are the Milwaukee chargers being replaced or upgraded?" To my surprise, they did respond...

We apologize for the inconvenience.
These chargers are being removed.

Considering the three 'live' Outpost chargers, the fourth in Bayview never recommissioned, plus the two over in Madison have been flaky for months; all have been removed from the EVGo app. EVGo has no presence in Wisconsin anymore. Will they be back? I hope so. But I'll believe it when I see it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. Marking this one Closed Permanently.

Back