Fastcharger - Incline Village - Raley's (3)

fcibot

Staff member
This thread is for discussion of the Raley's (3) fast charger

Provider: eVgo Network

Address: 930 Tahoe Blvd,Incline Village,NV,89451

GPS: 39.250641,-119.949104

Stalls: 1(CHAdeMO [?]:?, CCS [?]:?)

Hours: 24 hours daily

The only CCS charger here has been out of service for around seven months. Will it ever get repaired?

What are the odds of this charger being repaired vs. not ever being repaired?

Can anybody here show me a CCS charger (of any brand) that was out for more than 3 months that was EVER repaired ANYWHWERE?

Can anybody here show me a CCS charger (of any brand) that was out for more than 3 months that was EVER repaired ANYWHWERE?
Yes, this does actually happen. Maybe once every 2-3 weeks I come across a station that has been down for more than 6 months. At that point I usually mark it Permanently Closed, but then suddenly it comes back online.

Here is an example of one that was down for over a year and then came back up a few weeks ago:

First I ever even heard of "Shell Sky EV Technology".

-Don- Reno, NV
It's the old Greenlots, which was acquired by Shell, which used to call themselves Shell Recharge, but as of the last week or two I've been seeing them called "Shell Sky EV Technology".

It's the old Greenlots, which was acquired by Shell, which used to call themselves Shell Recharge, but as of the last week or two I've been seeing them called "Shell Sky EV Technology".
OIC. I have used "Shell Recharge" before, but I was not aware of the name change.

BTW, if Shell has "Shell Recharge" which was the old GreenLots, how did the Shell gas station in Bridgeport, CA end up with Electrify America fast chargers? How come they are not using their own brand of chargers?

-Don- Reno, NV

Already well established before Shell bought into the charging game. There are quite a few Shell gas stations with non-Shell networks. Same with Circle K who only recently started having their own branded charging stations. And probably quite a few legacy 7-Elevens as well.

Already well established before Shell bought into the charging game.
It seems to me that such companies, Shell, Wal*Mart, 7-11, etc. will only put these chargers at "select locations" which often means everywhere except for where needed the most (such as the Wal*Mart in Susanville, CA, where there are no fast chargers other than Tesla) . If any of these places would do all of their stores, it would help solve a major problem.

If they had more CCS chargers in such places, it would probably increase the non-Tesla EV sales and they would all get more use.

And even Tesla does the same with their Magic Dock, only put them where not needed much, such as in Placerville, CA near countless real CCS chargers.

I know things will improve in the near future. . .or will they? When I can get to more places three years ago than I can today, it makes me wonder. Too many broken chargers that nobody is repairing and also the many places that no longer have any working chargers such as the Harley shops.

-Don- Reno, NV

I rode by this one today to check it out. Still is not working. Had a blank screen but had power on. It will boot up with Windows XP (there is a power switch to the charger that I used to reset it) and then it says:

"under maintance

Error Code: Set unavailable from Server."

-Don- Reno, NV

Well, should they remove this one? Is there even a small chance that it will ever work again?

It's been more than a year and is the only CCS around that area.

If it's not repaired yet, I would be willing to say that EVgo has abandoned it. They seem to be walking away from some sites and focusing their efforts on others. This is probably one of the losing sites.

It looks like it's coming up on its 6-month anniversary of being marked temporarily closed. My policy is that if it doesn't re-open after that time I consider it permanently closed. That's not to say it couldn't come back to life, but it's pretty doubtful at that point.

This is probably one of the losing sites.
AFAIK, it was a busy location when it was working. People often had to wait for it, as that is the only CCS in that area.

-Don- Auburn, CA

The last time this charger was able to be used was in year 2022. More than a year ago.

-Don- Reno, NV

Back