fcibot

Staff member
This thread is for discussion of the HAWTHORNE NV HAWTHORNE QC45 fast charger

Provider: ChargePoint Network

Address: 425 10th St,Hawthorne,NV,89415

GPS: 38.53246,-118.625076

Stalls: 1(CHAdeMO [?]:?, CCS [?]:?)

Hours: 24 hours daily

Will this thing ever be repaired? It's been dead for more than a year.

I can go less distance these days on my electric motorcycle because more fast chargers worked in NV three years ago than today.

its a old efacec from 2015. Its no longer listed on chargepoints app. Site still has L2. maybe its best to remove?

its a old efacec from 2015. Its no longer listed on chargepoints app. Site still has L2. maybe its best to remove?
I doubt if this free to use DCFC will ever be repaired. I have used it a few years ago on my 2020 Energica Esse Esse 9 motorcycle when it worked well.

IMO, it's ridiculous that I could go more places three years ago than today because of the countless broken DC fast chargers. The way it is going, I will not be surprised if we soon have more broken CCS than working ones.

-Don- Flagstaff, AZ (RV trip with my Zero DS)

doubtful that many can be repaired. replacement is usually easier. A lot of DC chargers are very custom built with random whatever is available parts. You can have the same model unit with 5 different revisions on one site using different parts.

doubtful that many can be repaired. replacement is usually easier. A lot of DC chargers are very custom built with random whatever is available parts. You can have the same model unit with 5 different revisions on one site using different parts.
I would settle for a new charger with a higher-than-normal price to charge at many of these locations.

I wonder if the removal of the old broken free one can speed up the process of a new decent maintained charger at these same locations.

-Don- Flagstaff, AZ

This one has been broken for so long it is now even removed from Plugshare.

-Don- Reno, NV

I have a flag set in the database to check on Temporarily Closed stations 6 months after last activity in the database, but I see that my database query would have missed this one, otherwise I probably would have removed it long ago. Marked Permanently Closed. Thanks.

I updated my code to find additional sites marked as Temporarily Closed that were not being checked before. I found 29 additional sites that have passed the 6 month mark. I will be reviewing those now, so expect a fair number of Permanently Closed sites in the next day or two.

I found 29 additional sites that have passed the 6 month mark.
I have to wonder how many repaired sites you find within that six months.

I have yet to find even one broken one that has been repaired or replaced in either CA or NV.

However, has anybody else noticed this?

"US to spend nearly $150 million to fix broken charging ports"​

-Don- Reno, NV

I have to wonder how many repaired sites you find within that six months.
I've found several actually. 9 out of the 29 that I had previously missed. And there was actually one station that was repaired, but is now down again. And there are still 5 stations that are inconclusive whether they are back up or not. There were some successful checkins on Plugshare, but I don't necessarily consider them trustworthy, so I am holding judgement on those. So really, somewhere between 10 and 15 out of 29. Sure, that's probably a bit less than 50%, so disappointing, but it's not zero.

I know you have a hard time believing it because you've never personally come across any, but many stations do get repaired. All you have to do is go to the Changes tab on the main site and look for Re-Open sites.

All you have to do is go to the Changes tab on the main site and look for Re-Open sites.
What do you mean by "main site" ? I am not seeing that "Changes" tab anywhere.

-Don- Reno, NV

I am not seeing that anywhere. It won't let me select "Home". Is it under "Home"? I can select the rest of them. So if that is under "home" this forum isn't giving me permission to select it.

1705898848801.png

Did you click the link I posted yesterday?

1705929857662.png

The URL is:

fastcharger.info

Also, any of the links at the top of most of these posts will take you directly to the site on the map:

1705929939602.png

Back