Staff member
This thread is for discussion of the Revel - 275 S 5th St fast charger

Provider: EVGATEWAY

Address: 275 S 5th St,Brooklyn,NY,11211

GPS: 40.709498,-73.958127

Stalls: 16

Hours:

Almost live, but not quite yet.

Photo op with the mayor on Plugshare indicates shows the charging station with a Tesla connector (most likely a CCS connector with permanently attached Tesla CCS adapter). We'll have to carefully examine the available connectors once this site goes live.

Almost live, but not quite yet.

Photo op with the mayor on Plugshare indicates shows the charging station with a Tesla connector (most likely a CCS connector with permanently attached Tesla CCS adapter). We'll have to carefully examine the available connectors once this site goes live.
The chargers are Tritium PKM150 fitted with dual CCS1 connectors.

Revel just put the Tesla CCS adapter on one of the connectors.

The point is there are 16 stations at that site, so the question is did they add the Tesla adapter to one? two? six? all sixteen?

The point is there are 16 stations at that site, so the question is did they add the Tesla adapter to one? two? six? all sixteen?
All of them.

Revel's Superhubs primary purpose is to charge Revel's fleet of Tesla taxis.

The Superhubs are also open for public use, but that's only the secondary purpose.

I would agree that's logical, but would prefer first-hand proof before making assumptions.

I made it here last weekend. There are 8 chargers, each with a Tesla and a CCS cable, capable of charging at the same time. It's a good addition to the fast-charging options in the city.

Attachments

• IMG_2706.jpg
    IMG_2706.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2707.jpg
    IMG_2707.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 2
Thanks for the report. I am going to mark this as open with 16 stalls, 8x150kW CCS and 8x150kW Tesla. Does that sound right?

I suppose I am a bit torn on counting this as a 16 stall site. On the one hand, it does look like they did in fact reserve 16 separate spots, so technically 16 different vehicles could charge there simultaneously.

On the other hand, only 8 CCS vehicles could charge simultaneously, and only 8 Teslas (assuming none had a CCS adapter) could charge simultaneously. So it's kind of like 16 stalls, but not quite.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks for the report. I am going to mark this as open with 16 stalls, 8x150kW CCS and 8x150kW Tesla. Does that sound right?

I suppose I am a bit torn on counting this as a 16 stall site. On the one hand, it does look like they did in fact reserve 16 separate spots, so technically 16 different vehicles could charge there simultaneously.

On the other hand, only 8 CCS vehicles could charge simultaneously, and only 8 Teslas (assuming none had a CCS adapter) could charge simultaneously. So it's kind of like 16 stalls, but not quite.

What are your thoughts?
Definitely 16 parking spots, so seems reasonable!

Back