fcibot

Staff member
This thread is for discussion of the Sheetz 213 Bloomsburg PA fast charger

Provider: Electrify America

Address: 2511 New Berwick Hwy,Bloomsburg,PA,17815

GPS: 41.012281,-76.411595

Stalls: 4(CHAdeMO [?]:?, CCS [?]:?)

Hours: 24 hours daily

We stopped by this charging station on our trip in July.

At the time, station #4 was offline (taped off completely) and the other 3 were in use. Fortunately we did not have to wait long for station #3 to open up, but as was reported by the previous user, the speeds were not great. That was our experience as well, so once #2 opened up, we moved to it and got our expected charging speed (suspect #3 was overheating). #1 was in use the whole time by a pre-production Nissan Arya that refused to move even after charging was complete, unfortunately blocking the spot from a Mach-E that had shown up and was waiting for probably 30 minutes for them to move.

Between Sheetz and Arby's there are some good food/restroom options nearby. My son went down to check out Penn Pizza, but was not impressed, so he came back. I suspect I would have been fine with it, but between all the troubles we had getting a good charge to start, I never did make it down there.

Based on recent checkins to Plugshare, this is an extremely busy site, and I suspect it is overcrowded at times. Hopefully EA adds more charging stations, particularly along I-81, to help relieve some of this congestion.

Stations are temporarily closed due to Sheetz renovations. This leaves a huge gap in that section of Pennsylvania, which is already pretty sparse. Hopefully some other options pop up soon.

These stations are listed as OPEN on AFDC, but Unavailable in the EA app. I wonder if that means they are getting closer to re-opening. Is there anyone in the area that can give us a progress report?

Back