Fastcharger - Beltsville - Wawa - Beltsville

fcibot

Staff member
This thread is for discussion of the Wawa - Beltsville fast charger

Provider: eVgo Network

Address: 10515 Baltimore Ave,Beltsville,MD,20705

GPS: 39.02747,-76.917641

Stalls: 4(CCS [350]:2, CCS [100]:2, CHAdeMO [100]:4)

Hours: 24 hours daily

This EVgo charging site (and adjacent Tesla Supercharger) is powered down and hence, temporarily closed. Confirmed by onsite visit on 12/18/2022. See attached photo.

BeltsvilleMD_EVgo1.jpg

Is your sense that this is a long term (i.e. weeks or more, for a site reconfigure) outage, or just a temporary outage (due to a utility issue for example)? I'm not intending this site to capture real-time availability and track minor outages (network apps & Plugshare are better for that), but rather longer term outages.

If the adjacent Supercharger is also out, I'm wondering if this is just maybe a problem with the utility (which might be resolved shortly), or is there something else going on (like a major construction project).

This probably falls into the temporary outage category but it is difficult to see any obvious reason for the power being off here for at least three days and counting. I understand the reasoning to not track temporary closures. I'm trying to learn why this site is down and I'll report back here if it appears to be a longer-term outage.

Thanks. EVgo has been recently marking their sites as closed temporarily due to site reconfigurations (although many turn out to be quite brief). I haven't seen this one come through as such, and it's a bit odd that the adjacent Supercharger is down as well.

This EVgo site is open again. There was an issue with the power to the site for a few days.

Back