EVgo pulling out of Walmart properties

lpickup

Administrator
Staff member
Over the past week or two, EVgo sites have been removed from AFDC and the EVgo site/app. The vast majority of these have been at Walmart properties. At first there were some Plugshare comments from the site owner indicating that the stations were being removed due to circumstances beyond their (EVgo's) control, but more recent entries don't even state that. They are simply gone.

Walmart must have made some kind of exclusivity deal that precludes other networks form siting stations at Walmart properties. I wonder if those sites will be re-commissioned by another provider such as Electrify America?

Last edited:
Here is a sample message from a Plugshare entry that has more information:

Unfortunately, due to circumstances out of our control, the chargers at this site will be removed from service on 10/24/22. We realize this is an inconvenience, and we sincerely apologize. Please use the EVgo app to find other nearby stations or call us at 877-494-3833 with any questions.

I'm thinking they will be re-commissioned as EA sites... when EA gets around to it. I used one of these EVgo sites on our Summer road trip to WA last year in our (sadly) now sold Volvo C40. I think it was in Delano and it was a needed stop.

Back