Electrify America @ Socorro, NM

Mockingbird

Fastcharger Editor
Best Western (Socorro, NM)

1100 N California St, Socorro, New Mexico 87801

Electrify America network

I got some drone photos of this site last Sunday, March 19. There's no sign of progress - but that's to be expected since the location was announced under a week prior to my visit.
DJI_0576-B.jpg
DJI_0577-B.jpg

The transformer that Tesla has is only 750 kVA so there's likely no additional capacity for EA. EA will probably install a new transformer somewhere in the conference center annex part of the Best Western.
DJI_0578-B.jpg

Someone has just removed this future EA site from PlugShare as well. I'm not sure what's going on and Socorro is still in EA's long term plans. Whether it gets built this year is anyone's guess...

Is it possible that Plugshare is getting their EA Coming Soon sites from EA and EA dropped them (for whatever reason--maybe the timeline is too far out?)

Is it possible that Plugshare is getting their EA Coming Soon sites from EA and EA dropped them (for whatever reason--maybe the timeline is too far out?)
I'm leaning more towards another EV driver/PlugShare user removing the site rather than PlugShare themselves. The Roswell and Socorro future EA sites were just listed as having 6 non-networked CCS chargers. Only the description mentioned Electrify America.

At least the two EAs under construction in Wyoming haven't been removed, probably because there are photos showing active construction ongoing. I really think these two removed future EA sites in New Mexico are a mistake and will be going live within a year.

Jennifer Sensiba (a contributor on CleanTechnica) has confirmed with Electrify America that these stations are still coming in the immediate future despite EA's map showing few "coming soon" stations. This station's new listing on PlugShare has since been (re-)added with two comments (one from me) urging other EV drivers to not request its deletion.

I decided not to add my old drone photos to the listing since it's been two months and they might have made more progress. I hope to visit and fly my drone before July once the Socorro Plaza DCFC is up and running.

Back