Electrify America @ Roswell, NM

Mockingbird

Fastcharger Editor
Target T0823 (Roswell, NM)

2725 N Main Street, Roswell, New Mexico 88201-6512

Electrify America network

I visited here on March 14 and flew my drone. There's no sign of progress except for two Mobile Mini metal storage containers in between Target and OfficeMax. I don't know if the storage containers are related to Electrify America's DCFC construction or not but it is promising.

I am very much looking forward to EA in Roswell since the NMDOT only installed a sad 4 unpaired CPE-250s that can only do 62 kW max. Additionally, unpaired CPE-250s have a hard 78 amp limit for E-GMP cars, so I won't even see 62 kW until my battery voltage is over 795 - which is above 90% SoC. Let's hope EA can bring this site online in the next few months.

See the storage containers in the top left of the first two images.
DJI_0392-B.jpg
DJI_0394-B.jpg
DJI_0397-B.jpg

That seems like it would be a decent location for the site. Keep us posted!
Thanks but unfortunately I don't have any immediate plans to return to Roswell. I only made a stop there on my spring break road trip to check out the DCFC construction.

I'll be with everyone else monitoring the progress online from other people's photos and the EA app/website.

Great, some overzealous PlugShare user requested that the site be deleted since all of Electrify America's upcoming "Coming Soon" sites were removed from their app & website. I don't know why people keep requesting deletion for coming soon locations. It is extremely helpful for current and potential EV drivers to see that a charging site is coming in the immediate future (~within a year) compared to not anytime soon.

Can somebody tell PlugShare to reinstate the future Roswell Electrify America site?

Can somebody tell PlugShare to reinstate the future Roswell Electrify America site?
I suppose all you can do is keep adding it back (possibly to have it removed again).

I'll give you two devil's advocate arguments though:

I've seen several instances recently where there are basically two entries on Plugshare at the same site. I suspect this happens when someone adds a "Coming Soon" entry and then the provider, either manually or automatically through some kind of data feed, creates a duplicate entry at the same site. As you can imagine, this creates all kinds of confusion when someone goes to check in / report a charge/problem. Which one do they use? So for that reason, with some providers at least, it's probably best to just let the data auto-fill (even though that means you don't get a good heads up).

The second argument is that by looking at a Coming Soon site on Plugshare, you don't necessarily get a good feel for how soon "soon" is.

A big part of the motivation of this site is to address these two issues.

First: we fully support and embrace pre-opening stations here, allowing for tracking of Planned, Permitted, and Construction phases so you can get a sense for how close things are. And with discussion forums (rather than just simple checkins), you can more easily monitor progress.

Second: we do curate the data added to the site so the incidence of duplicates and so on is much lower.

Granted, usage on here is not extensive yet, but let's change that! Spread the word!

Back