Electrify America in Gillette, WY!

This site is now operational.

The official opening is probably soon.

Still not yet in the app, but it did get added to AFDC in the past day or two, so probably not long.

895578.jpg

Got a notification email saying the Gillette station is officially open today!!

lpickup said:
Still not yet in the app, but it did get added to AFDC in the past day or two, so probably not long.

Up in the app now!

There were a few anonymous Change Proposals in the system regarding this site (and Evanston, WY). I suspect these came from the two of you, since you are active in this thread.

I had originally decided to allow anonymous Change Proposals as I figured that any information was better than none, even if I had to do additional research to validate the changes. However, there are a few reasons I may limit this practice.

First, when I do have questions about information that is proposed, I have no idea who to contact since the change was made anonymously. My hope is that suggested changes would be substantiated with forum posts, but this has not been the case.

Second, I have a Change Proposal "credit" system whereby I track the number of accepted and rejected posts. The thought is that if a given poster had a sufficient rating, they could be made an editor (and likewise, someone wanting to become an editor would have documented proof of their change proposal accuracy). Obviously with anonymous proposals, this is not possible.

So I would encourage you to create accounts on the fastcharger.info site itself, and make sure you are logged in when submitting changes.

Also, if you have do have a change, make sure you post evidence to the forum itself to substantiate the change.

Finally, one comment about how I define "connectors" in the database, as the change proposals appear to have mis-counted connectors. For EA stations, it is technically accurate to say that each station (stall) has 2 connectors, but I don't generally count the two CCS connectors on a single station as two connectors. Those are really just additional cables for the benefit of cars with different charge port locations. You can't simultaneously use both connectors, so I don't count them as such. So for example, a 4-stall EA site with two 150kW stations and two 350kW stations, each station with two connectors, including one of the 150kW stations having a 50kW CHAdeMO connector would be defined as having

1 50kW CHAdeMO
2 150kW CCS
2 350kW CCS

I will try to document this for future reference.

Other charging networks may or may not have similar issues with respect to what counts as a stall. EVgo, for example, has stations which allow for simultaneous charging of the CCS and CHAdeMO connectors, and even the two 350kW CCS connectors on single stations. For those sites, I don't actually count those as separate stalls unless the stations are sited such that there are actually two dedicated parking spots that can be reached from the cables. Most of the time this is not the case, so I would just count this as a single stall. Even this can be a bit misleading though, since even if you did have two dedicated parking spots, if two CCS vehicles pulled up to it, only one would be able to charge at a CCS/CHAdeMO station.

Back