Efficiency Maine Notices of Awards - Phase 4 Round 2 and Phase 5

ItsNotAboutTheMoney

Lists below have the company receiving the award and then the address of the charging location.

Phase 4 Round 2 - ARPA

1. Irving Oil, 1941 Medway Road, Medway, Maine 04460
2. Universal EV LLC, 282 North Street, Houlton, Maine 04730
3. True Upside Consulting, 5 Clark Siding Road, Ashland, Maine 04732
4. True Upside Consulting, 162 Houlton Road, Danforth, Maine 04424
5. Universal EV LLC, 103 Main Street, Machias, Maine 04654

Phase 5 - NEVI

1. Equilon Enterprises LLC, 322 Stillwater Ave, Bangor, Maine 04401
2. Tesla, Inc., 197 Civic Center Drive, Augusta, Maine 04330
3. ReVision Energy, 225 High Street, Ellsworth, Maine 04605
4. D&C Properties, 423 East Main Street, Searsport, Maine 04974
5. Tesla, Inc., 75 Maverick Street, Rockland, Maine 04841
6. Irving Oil, 1555 Atlantic Highway, Waldoboro, Maine 04572
7. Midcoast Regional Redevelopment Authority, 11 Atlantic Avenue, Brunswick, Maine 04011

Well now that's interesting. NEVI awards to Tesla. Thanks for the info.

If you find more information on the charge point providers and number of stalls/ports, we can get them added.

Last edited:
I have added these sites as Planned for now. Will update as we get more details.

I will say that some of those I have my doubts on. I know that some of these hosts may be eager to get in on the charging game, but I do question their commitment. Hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised.

Well now that's interesting. NEVI awards to Tesla. Thanks for the info.

If you find more information on the charge point providers and number of stalls/ports, we can get them added.

The Phase 1 and 3 all sites awarded have been installed, with only Ellsworth not yet open (needs transformers), so I expect these as well.

I should have included the main pages which have link to the RFPs for each of those.
Phase 4 Round 2: RFP EM-013-2023 - Efficiency Maine
Phase 5 (NEVI): RFP EM-011-2023 - Efficiency Maine

The RFPs have the site requirements which specify minimum requirements.

The MINIMA I see in the RFP are:
Phase 4 Round 2:
Tier 1: Minimum 2 CCS 150kW _shared_, 1 CHAdeMO 50kW (Site must have electrical service to allow 4 x 150kW 600kW CCS)
Medway
Houlton
Tier 2: 2 CCS 150kW _shared_, 1 CHAdeMO 50kW
Machias
Tier 3: 2 CCS 50kW
Ashland
Tier 4: 2 CCS 19kW
Danforth
(Beddington was not awarded)

Phase 5 (NEVI: Minimum 4 CCS 150kW
Augusta
Bangor
Brunswick
Waldoboro
Rockland
Searsport
Ellsworth
(Ellsworth was also part of Phase 3 and is awaiting a transformer for the )

I have added these sites as Planned for now. Will update as we get more details.

I will say that some of those I have my doubts on. I know that some of these hosts may be eager to get in on the charging game, but I do question their commitment. Hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised.

The challenge is normally less about the hosts and more about the companies operating the chargers.

Not sure how Tesla will handle their NEVI sites. RFP requirement is to be ready 12 months after contract agreement. NEVI requires card readers and CCS, but maybe can allow Magic Dock. Tesla had a prototype V4 with a reader and small screen on display at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK.

Back