ChargePoint looks to increase charger reliability

This should be of particular interest to @DonTom 's experience with ChargePoint chargers.

How will this work out? We'll have to wait and see.
Since they updated their FW to version to .22 from .18., I have not had any issues with any of the Chargepoint chargers, not counting old ones that have been out of service for more than a year. Both AC and DC CPs have all been fine lately, at least for me.

-Don- Truckee, CA (using a free AC CP here on my Zero DSR/X)

This should be of particular interest to @DonTom 's experience with ChargePoint chargers.

How will this work out? We'll have to wait and see.
If the CP stall owners don't care to fix them how can CP force them to? How many CP chargers are actually owned by CP?

The biggest problem with CP is with the L2's since many of the plastic clips on those have broken locally and most have never been fixed. Granted the (lifting the lever) trick usually works, but a lot of people don't see my notes of such on PS.

If the CP stall owners don't care to fix them how can CP force them to? How many CP chargers are actually owned by CP?
As I said in the other thread, either CP is going to change their model such that they own AND operate the stations, or they "disown" stations that hosts don't fix within a set period of time, so that they don't show up in their statistics (they are kind of doing this already). Yes, I am skeptical too based on their current model.

Back