Chamberlain, SD

From PlugShare:

Electrify America Announcement
We are open and excited to charge with the EV community in Chamberlain, SD! While we are working with the utility company on the finishing touches for two of the six chargers at this location, we are happy to announce four chargers are currently available for use. We will update PlugShare again when all six chargers become available. The charger status will also be visible upon logging in to the Electrify America app. If you have questions or need assistance initiating a charge, please contact our Customer Support Team at 1-833-632-2778.

... and it's back offline without notice.
From PlugShare:
Electrify America Announcement
Electrify America is aware of the electric utility issue rendering the chargers at this location temporarily unavailable. We will update PlugShare again when this location is available for use. The station status will also be visible upon logging in to the Electrify America app. If you have questions, please contact our Customer Support Team at 1-‪833-632-2778.

Yeah, that notice was finally posted sometime in the hour between our posts. That's 9-10 hours after the first report of the site being offline (which was very likely offline for multiple hours before that report). The EA app correctly listed the location as unavailable as well, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't expect better communication from EA. This has been a known failure point of theirs that they don't seem to be improving on.

Yeah, that notice was finally posted sometime in the hour between our posts. That's 9-10 hours after the first report of the site being offline (which was very likely offline for multiple hours before that report). The EA app correctly listed the location as unavailable as well, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't expect better communication from EA. This has been a known failure point of theirs that they don't seem to be improving on.
I don’t know what “communication” you were expecting.

Since this is an issue on the utility side, Electrify America wouldn’t have know what was going on other than that the chargers were offline.

The chargers were correctly marked as offline.

EA app now showing 3 of 6 units available. Plugshare still marked under construction.

I don’t know what “communication” you were expecting.

Since this is an issue on the utility side, Electrify America wouldn’t have know what was going on other than that the chargers were offline.

The chargers were correctly marked as offline.
I expect, we should all expect, timely communication across as many channels as possible. Plugshare is a huge resource, update it in a timely manner. Not simply when the one guy with the password gets into the office after his vacation.

Since this location wasn't showing on Central Electrics "outage map", I have to assume the utility took this site offline for the upgrade work that EA mentioned coordinating at the opening of this location; "While we are working with the utility company on the finishing touches for two of the six chargers at this location..."

That's absolutely the type of thing that needs to have a communication plan. We don't need to kowtow around EA's subpar communication, they need to work at a higher standard for their own good and that of their customers.

Reactions: SRL
I expect, we should all expect, timely communication across as many channels as possible. Plugshare is a huge resource, update it in a timely manner. Not simply when the one guy with the password gets into the office after his vacation.

Since this location wasn't showing on Central Electrics "outage map", I have to assume the utility took this site offline for the upgrade work that EA mentioned coordinating at the opening of this location; "While we are working with the utility company on the finishing touches for two of the six chargers at this location..."

That's absolutely the type of thing that needs to have a communication plan. We don't need to kowtow around EA's subpar communication, they need to work at a higher standard for their own good and that of their customers.
You "assume".

You don't know what is going on, but you are quick to assign blame.

Better to not know what's going on but demand better communication, than to not know what's going on but say everything is fine.

EA can do better, the standard needs to be higher.

Better to not know what's going on but demand better communication, than to not know what's going on but say everything is fine.

EA can do better, the standard needs to be higher.
Electrify America couldn't tell you what was going on because it didn't know what was going on.

Your demand is ridiculous.

Electrify America couldn't tell you what was going on because it didn't know what was going on.

Your demand is ridiculous.
It's a fair request to expect better communication (and I don't think that @rosier9 was "demanding" anything, just simply stating that we should expect better communication).

The goal should be in-car live-status/availability as we are navigating to a given site. Anything short of that and there is room to improve.

Back