Search results

1. DonTom

List of Tesla Superchargers with magic docks installed

Have they even put one Magic Dock anywhere in an area where needed, not within ten miles of some other CCS station? Here in NV, there are a lot of EVs, but not many places to charge them on the road. Not counting the countless broken ones that have been out of service for years. Not even one...
  2. DonTom

Tesla CCS Adapter for Sale in US

Well, now they are saying we are up to seven. "Biden promised to install thousands of EV charging stations. Only 7 have been built." But that is probably faster than most of the "coming soons" on Plugshare. Anything to do with fast-chargers, other than perhaps the charging, is rather slow...
  3. DonTom

Fastcharger - Sacramento - Costco - East Commercial Way

New buildings in CA must go by these laws WRT EV Charging. BTW, I have charged at several places in Sacramento over the years. I was always the only one charging up wherever I went in Sacramento. -Don- Reno, NV
  4. DonTom

Fastcharger - Sacramento - Costco - East Commercial Way

IMAO, this is a totally useless site for more chargers. Countless others within a mile or so. I wish they would take half of the chargers in Sacramento and spread them out more in the middle of nowhere, CA. -Don- Reno, NV
  5. DonTom

No more EV-Gos?

IOW, we will have less chargers from EV-GO. FWIW, 50KW is more than I need. 99% of my fast charging is with a couple of Energica motorcycles that can charge as high as 25 KW. So this EV-GO thing is bad news for me. And it is taking forever for them to start any work out here in the west. Many...
  6. DonTom

Chargepoint NACS

Yeah, that is what I figured. It just makes it so no adapter is necessary. It proves my charging ECU replacement for "ccs adapter support" is working well. It's now been tested on all types of chargers. -Don- Reno, NV
  7. DonTom

Fastcharger - Auburn - DC CORRIDOR ABN TARGET DC2

This place is expensive even for CA. Now is 66 cents per KWH. One charger there has a NACS plug (62KW). 3 CHAdeMO (62.5 KW)--one of them has a NACS in place of the CHAdeMO. 4 CCS (62 KW) And two J-1772 plugs (6.5 KW max) on one station. -Don- Reno, NV
  8. DonTom

No more EV-Gos?

Here is what EV-Go is saying. If it's true, it sure is a slow process. All I have seen in the last year is EV-Gos going out of service one after the other--and every one of them I have ever used. -Don- Reno, NV
  9. DonTom

Chargepoint NACS

I suppose I could trick it by navigating to a close by Tesla Supercharger and then going for the CCS charge. But not practical as then I would be using the nearby Tesla Supercharger anyway. But I probably could have used such a trick yesterday. I wish there was a way to manually activate the...
  10. DonTom

Chargepoint NACS

Perhaps, but I was only using a 50KW charger as that was the one with the NACS connector I wanted to try out. I got near the 50KW just before the big drop off at close to 80% SOC. And their fastest charger there only does 62.5 KW. -Don- Auburn, CA
  11. DonTom

Chargepoint NACS

That was my most expensive charge ever. But in Auburn, CA everything costs more: -Don- Auburn, CA
  12. DonTom

Chargepoint NACS

They have the AC power off at my Auburn, CA home as they are changing a power pole. Power off for four hours. I figure this would be a good time to charge up my Tesla here in Auburn, CA Bell Target. I am NOW charging my 2018 Tesla M3 at the Bell CCS Chargepoint with the one NACS connector. Only...
  13. DonTom

Yes, I am sure that was the case. I did look in the slot after I pulled out the charging plug for the V4 SC and I did think I could have been looking at Magic Dock, but I wasn't sure. -Don- Reno, NV
  14. DonTom

I used the Version Four in Sparks the other day to test out my newly replaced charging ECU. No Magic Dock, much like any V3 charger, just looks different. Notice the "Tesla drivers only" on Plugshare. My Blue Tesla there: -Don- Reno, NV
  15. DonTom

Come to think of it, no, I do not think I ever even saw a V1 Tesla charger. But there sure are a lot of V2's around. But I have only charged my Tesla on the road a couple of times since year 2018 when I purchased it new. Nevertheless, I recently added CCS adapter support to it and tested it...
  16. DonTom

No more EV-Gos?

All (and I mean every one of them) of the EV-Gos I have used in the past are no longer in service. A few examples: Both locations (four total) on I-80 in the Sierra's of CA. The one in Carson City, NV The one in Incline Village, NV The two in Strawberry, CA on US50 Oh, I now see this note at...
  17. DonTom

Is there much chance of the V1 and V2's being replaced or updated any time soon? -Don- Reno, NV
  18. DonTom

DC vs AC charging and appropriateness/capabilities of each

I wonder what the rating of this one is. Doesn't say on Plugshare. Are the ones at dealers normally open to the public for other (non-Ford) EVs? But if more of the J-1772s could do at least 13.2 KW , I would put another charger in my 2023 Zero DSR/X motorcycle. It now has a 6.6 KW charger...
  19. DonTom

Fastcharger - Gardnerville - GARDNERVILLE VISITORS L3 ST1

I used this free ChargePoint DCFC yesterday on my 2018 Tesla Model 3 after I changed my charging ECU to one that is compatible with CCS. This one. I charged to full there and the trip cost me less than nothing as I got back home (110 miles round trip) with a lot more charge than I started out...
  20. DonTom

DC vs AC charging and appropriateness/capabilities of each

Oh yeah, I forgot about those. I think most (all?) of the HD ChargePoint CCS chargers are out of service these days. -Don- Reno, NV
Back