Search results

1. ArtiePenguin1

Cancelled New Mexico DCFC Projects

Thank you! Now if only we could get PlugShare to delete those "coming soon" listings that are cancelled. I might have to open up a ticket with them since the regular "report inaccuracy" method on each listing doesn't seem to be working.
  2. ArtiePenguin1

List of Tesla Superchargers with magic docks installed

Thanks for the photo. But yeah, that is the case for all current V4 installs in the US. However, NEVI funding will require Tesla to enable the built-in Magic Dock and 1000-volt support. If you look carefully, there is a Magic Dock and small LCD screen built in to all V4 dispensers. They are...
  3. ArtiePenguin1

Cancelled New Mexico DCFC Projects

A PlugShare user (@ttwsyf69 on Twitter) pointed me to the Volkswagen Mitigation Trust website which has reports with updates on New Mexico's VW settlement funds. Most of the DC EV charger related funds were snapped up by Francis Energy almost 4 years ago in April 2020. There has been little...
  4. ArtiePenguin1

All NEVI funded Tesla Supercharger sites in my home state of New Mexico will likely all be Version 4 with a CCS Magic Dock and 1000-volt capable. Both CCS and 1000-volt support are requirements of NEVI. Tesla won the award for the following locations per the NMDOT press release: Lordsburg...
  5. ArtiePenguin1

Fastcharger - Albuquerque - Kroger Smiths 443

I passed by here last Saturday. I uploaded photos to PlugShare. No sign of any progress. The parking lot is pretty small so there aren't many places to put the chargers. Also, this is located in a somewhat rough area of town and it would not feel that safe to charge after Smith's closes...
  6. ArtiePenguin1

Fastcharger - Elephant Butte - Elephant Butte Fast Stop

It should be noted that this site has major issues if you're in an 800-volt EV. Both Power Electronics NB150SU (150 kW) units do not communicate or charge nicely. I've seen unstable power (like the "Signet surge" a la Kyle Conner's nickname) from 150 all the way down to 0 then back to 150 kW...
  7. ArtiePenguin1

Don Burke has created a crowd-sourced list of all Supercharger Magic Dock locations (as well as V4 locations). The link is https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/don.burke/viz/SuperchargingCompetition/Menu. Just be sure to click on the "Interesting Superchargers" tab. Unfortunately the site is...
  8. ArtiePenguin1

Electrify America @ Omaha, NE

By the low 30% range you should be around 225 kW pulling the full 305 amps. I'm not sure exactly what the cold battery taper amperages are but it seems like you were only at 270 amps (around 740 Volts). Was there anyone else charging while you were? Unless you look at the side of the...
  9. ArtiePenguin1

New Mexico Department of Transportation - Park and Ride

Good news! I can confirm directly from NMDOT that this site is open finally. The app also now correctly reflects a max 62 kW charge rate instead of 50 kW when they were still being provisioned. NMDOT is in the process of getting two of the CPE-250s paired, so two will eventually be 125 kW max...
  10. ArtiePenguin1

Fastcharger - Roswell - NMDOT District 2 Office

I can confirm directly from NMDOT that this site is open. The app now correctly reflects 62 kW charge rate. NMDOT is in the process of getting two of the CPE-250s paired, so two will eventually be 125 kW max.
  11. ArtiePenguin1

We could probably have a separate (off-topic) discussion about charging speeds. But without knowing exact battery temperature data, most of it would be speculation. You should be able to hold the full 305 amps (200+ kW) until the battery max temp hits 50°C. That should be about 10 minutes of...
  12. ArtiePenguin1

Did you get full speeds in your Ioniq 5? I was there exactly a month ago in my EV6. Such a shame I was exactly a month too early, but I'm glad EA brought this site online earlier than anticipated (they quoted by Fall 2023 in their tweet reply to me).
  13. ArtiePenguin1

I understand but if you watched the entire video in the X post (tweet) you'd see that I was completely unable to charge even though the app said 1 station was available. Marking this as open leaves a strong likelihood someone will be stranded. I wouldn't count on this station being completely...
  14. ArtiePenguin1

I spoke with NMDOT on the phone on Friday and they aren't finished being setup (provisioned). They are intended to be two paired 125 kW installs. The official told me the target date for them to go live is September 7th. They needed to fix the wiring between paired units. Please do not mark...
  15. ArtiePenguin1

Cheyenne, WY Electrify America

Oh, wow! Thanks for the photos @Alt-View1! I sure wish I could have been there to capture some video. It probably would have been a world's first look at how they provision a brand new DC fast charger site. Of course, I'd keep a safe distance and not constantly film them. I'd just get a few...
  16. ArtiePenguin1

Surprise! EA confirmed to me on X that Omaha will go live this fall. They said early fall, so hopefully that means late September or early October. This site really needs to go live before the Thanksgiving holiday driving rush. Interestingly, the EA rep used the wrong two letter abbreviation for...
  17. ArtiePenguin1

Cheyenne, WY Electrify America

Surprise! Electrify America confirmed to me on X that Cheyenne will go live by the "late" summer. I take this to mean before September 22nd. They will be likely stretching to the very end of the astronomical summer on September 22.
  18. ArtiePenguin1

Fastcharger - El Paso - Hyundai of El Paso

This unit is now broken. Such a shame that it's less than 3 months old. Management told me the coolant leaked so they had to shut them both off. See my embedded X post below.
  19. ArtiePenguin1

Fastcharger - Socorro - Socorro Historic Plaza

Finally some progress but the city or state is really slow rolling all of us. They seem not to have the urgency and importance of electrifying the I-25 corridor south of Albuquerque. They are now 6 weeks past the quoted "60 days" that the NMDOT gave Paul Tenorio at an EV event. The 60 day mark...
  20. ArtiePenguin1

Fastcharger - Tucumcari - Love's 262 (Tucumcari, NM)

There was a site-wide power outage on Sunday that left me unable to charge. Luckily I started my day with 100% in Amarillo. Still it was bizarre that the ABB Terra dispensers still had auxiliary DC power. They only said unavailable when I tried to plug in and gave me a PowerportError message...
Back