Search results

1. Falcon73

EVGateway Discussion

This CPO/network seems to be very regional and it does exist in my area of OC, CA, USA. Probably because they are headquartered in nearby Irvine, CA, at least as far as I can tell from their RFID card letter (the return envelope was hand written). I have "found" a number of sites that don't...
  2. Falcon73

Costco, Leader In Gas Discounts, Has No Plans To Add EV Chargers

This is NOT the news I was hoping for from Costco. Maybe in another 3-5 years or more. Costco, Leader In Gas Discounts, Has No Plans To Add EV Chargers I know their timing before was bad, but they pulled them before even before Tesla & Leaf really appeared on the scene. They are still...
  3. Falcon73

Circle K Charging Network

I've seen lots of YT vids about Circle K in EU. I'm glad to see they apparently are stepping it up here now too.
  4. Falcon73

Introducing 7Charge

Here's the link from their site for now: 7-Charge | 7-Eleven I'm glad we have the "Stats" page on here now. It shows 10 of these in the country. It sure beats trying to find them on the 7Charge map.
  5. Falcon73

Kempower comes to the USA?

I heard about this on OOS Podcasts. I sure hope it's true. The Kempower stations I've seen on YT vids from EU seem to be very well done. LMK if ok to link the OOS video here.
  6. Falcon73

7Charge

This one pretty much came out of nowhere for me with their press release. I hope it can be at least as 10% as good as promised. 7-Charge | 7-Eleven
  7. Falcon73

I-80 Between Wendover & Salt Lake City

I'm looking at the maps and this looks like a dicey stretch of road for a BEV... I imagine NEVI will be addressing this, hopefully. I'm showing about 95 miles between stations for a Tesla and about 110 for CCS only. Well, it's probably not the only such stretch on the Interstate in the US and...
  8. Falcon73

Shall we split this California forum into regions?

California is big and has the most chargers of any state by far, especially according to the charts here. Is there any interest in dividing this forum into 2 or more regional forums? And NorCal may as well be another state it's so far away from here. I'm speaking only geographically; I'm not...
  9. Falcon73

South Orange County, CA - New DCFC Sites by Year

I have the spreadsheet with the data, if also of interest, but here's my DCFC new site list, by year: South Orange County (55 to 241 to 73 to Laguna Niguel + Savi Ranch – no dealer chargers!) 2013 2 2014 1 2015 2 2016 6 2017 1 2018 1 2019 6 2020 5 2021 8 2022...
  10. Falcon73

ChargePoint sites

I like the ChargePoint DCFC sites as they clearly show their status from a distance and have better availability, but they aren't very fast. 62.5kW max around here. Also, the screens are hard to touch so I use my RF ID card to start and stop charging on these.
  11. Falcon73

EV Connect at Volare Hotel in San Clemente, CA

I only know of one EV Connect DCFC station in the area and it's in San Clemente. I was able to charge there on New Year's, but it's not fast and it's inside the hotel parking structure. It's not clear if it's only intended for hotel guests. If there's a sign saying that, I didn't see it. So...
  12. Falcon73

Coming from TMC

We also have a Hyundai Kona and have had many other CCS cars (it's a long story of me being picky). I look forward to contributing here as there is MUCH work to be done on charging infrastructure. Best,
Back