Search results

1. Falcon73

List of Tesla Superchargers with magic docks installed

Are there really any V1's left? I think it's just Urban and V2's below V3's. Also, from when I owned Teslas Urbans were really nothing more than force split V2's. V2s 150 were shared but since they were almost always full I could tell no difference between those and Urbans (150/2 vs 72)...
  2. Falcon73

All V4 dispensers have Magic Docks, at least for now, right? But very few are activated. I was surprised to learn of one recently from a video in SC. With MFG's going to NACS in time, I don't see much of a future for Magic Docks in the long run, but I hope I'm wrong as CCS EVs will be around...
  3. Falcon73

Fastcharger - Tustin - Oak Tree Plaza

Blink took over an EVGateway site in Tustin, CA on 17th St. near the Flame Broiler months ago, but it hasn't been enabled yet. The chargers are on but the Tellus screens are so dim you can't even tell they are on at first. It doesn't appear on the Blink app. They replaced the old EVG BTC...
  4. Falcon73

EVGateway Discussion

I tried an EVG site in Tustin, CA yesterday. 4 of the posts were already replaced with Blink units (not active for months) and EVG advised the entire site is in Blink's hands now, so the other 4 old BTC EVG units appear to be abandoned. I haven't seen anyone else using these Tellus units...
  5. Falcon73

EVCS is becoming a big network

They did reverse the temporary $20 charges, but yeah, if it failed a few minutes in and kept it, that wouldn't be fun.
  6. Falcon73

EVCS is becoming a big network

The one time I was able to try using EVCS (a site that was actually on), it rang up my card with temporary charges of $20, each time it failed. I need to make sure they didn't post as that would be ridiculous. I'm very wary of EVCS.
  7. Falcon73

EVGateway Discussion

This CPO/network seems to be very regional and it does exist in my area of OC, CA, USA. Probably because they are headquartered in nearby Irvine, CA, at least as far as I can tell from their RFID card letter (the return envelope was hand written). I have "found" a number of sites that don't...
  8. Falcon73

Tesla CCS Adapter for Sale in US

As noted above, Tesla is a walled-garden and even with an adapter, we can only charge on their V3s/V4s/Magic-Docks at their discretion. ...And later when EVs start having NACS ports installed, you guessed it, only at Tesla's discretion (at least for DC Fast charging). I wonder, will non-Tesla...
  9. Falcon73

Maybe there IS a use case for this adapter for CCS now. Check out this site: Esporta Fitness | Fountain Valley, CA | EV Station
  10. Falcon73

Right. From what I have read V2s (and Urban chargers) only support the Tesla protocol and will never be available to CCS cars. I've also heard that older Teslas that need the Tesla protocol (or don't have CCS enabled) won't be able to charge with 3rd party NACS chargers when they become available.
  11. Falcon73

Indeed and I don't see any Magic Dock bays on the V3s they are putting in at Alabaster (on the TMC thread). However, on the Kirkwood, NY site it looks like they added them after the posts were initially installed, during construction. Perhaps none come with Magic Docks from the factory and all...
  12. Falcon73

Any news on this topic of Tesla/NACS to CCS1 adapters?
  13. Falcon73

Supercharger - Alabaster - Propst Promenade (Lowe's)

I noticed this site was marked permanently closed. To us, I suppose since they are putting in V3s here and I don't see any Magic Docks.
  14. Falcon73

Any more Magic Dock sightings of late?
  15. Falcon73

Fastcharger - Mission Viejo - Shops at Mission Viejo

And they are a great improvement. More would be better, but we'll take it!
  16. Falcon73

Fastcharger - Mission Viejo - Circle K - Mission Viejo

Here are some updates (from 9/13/23). It's been slow going at this site. LMK if these automatically re-sized or if I should redo them. Thanks!
  17. Falcon73

Nice, I guess. I've still not seen one yet and I'm not holding any hope that I will. When will the US see V4's? That might be bigger news. Of course they all have backup cameras. But, yeah, I'll tell that to my wife. :ROFLMAO:
  18. Falcon73

The island configuration is much more common in Europe, especially Norway on TeslaBjorn's YT vids. And many gas stations in Norway are replacing some pumps with chargers. The island configuration makes a lot of sense. My wife has never charged any of our cars at a public location, mostly...
  19. Falcon73

Are broken CCS chargers ever repaired??

Knowing this, I don't know how CP could ever hope to approach 100% reliability.
  20. Falcon73

A new CCS location?

Anything on PS (PlugShare)?
Back