Recent content by Delta5

1. D

Electrify America @ West Allis, WI

This location opened yesterday, 4/4/2024. All 6 dispensers show as available in the EA app and it has positive PlugShare comments.
  2. D

Fastcharger - West Milwaukee - Walmart 5669 - West Milwaukee, WI

FYI this one should be marked temporarily offline. The entire site has been offline and unpowered since 7/30/2023. As of 8/11/23, EA says they are "actively working with the local utility to restore power.".
  3. D

Fastcharger - Oak Creek - Meijer 283 (Oak Creek, WI)

This is the closest EA to my home and I drive by the site frequently. So I've watched it develop out of curiosity. The dispensers were installed in July of 2022. Landscaping, cables, and "EV Parking" signs were installed in the fall of 2022. It's sat unpowered wrapped in increasingly shredded...
  4. D

Fastcharger - Wisconsin Rapids - Wheelers Chevy Buick GMC of Wisconsin Rapids

There are 4 or 5 Wheeler Auto Group DC chargers that recently appeared online in central Wisconsin. And IMHO they all seem a little suspect. I have family over in that area so I was excited to see more DC's come online. The charging fees seem outrageous. Up to $60/hour + $10+ "connection...
  5. D

Electrify America "Boost Plan"

FYI, sometime in mid-March, EA added many (most? All?) of the “forthcoming” locations as “Coming Soon” in the app. A bunch of news ones recently popped up on routes that would allow me to take my EV instead of ICE; Wausau, WI, a couple down I-57 in Kankakee and Champaign/Urbana IL, and a couple...
  6. D

Rivian Adventure Network should be excluded

I agree. I own a BMW i4, so a private RAN network doesn’t help me. But I think it’s almost certain Rivian will eventually open their network. If for no other reason than tax incentives. I’d rather know & discuss those locations than pretend they don’t exist.
  7. D

List of Tesla Superchargers with magic docks installed

PlugShare had them listed within hours of go live. They are listed and filter as CCS plugs, just like how Chademo dispensers are listed at EA stations. Agreed on OEM inclusion. Will be good when they can be set as a destination for battery preconditioning.
  8. D

I thought I read somewhere that people had seen MD’s being installed in Ohio. Anyone have more info about that?
  9. D

Significant EVgo shutdown?

Interesting info about EVgo. Makes sense. Losing public DC chargers isn’t good but in my experience with EVgo around Chicago & Milwaukee, it might be for the best. Their chargers I’ve used around here are old and often in poor shape. The 6 in Wisconsin perpetually had low PlugShare scores and...
  10. D

Broadway Hyundai

Oh snap. I'm wrong. You're correct - I looked at the description too quickly thought it was a different dealer. My bad. I've deleted my post.
  11. D

That *is* very interesting. I’ve read others’ sensible assumptions that we’d likely only see magic docks retrofitted at superchargers where there isn’t CCS infrastructure nearby. That site photo clearly contradicts that with EA right there. Exciting stuff.
  12. D

Significant EVgo shutdown?

I think all the EVGo's in Wisconsin should be removed because they've all been delisted from the EVgo app. I live in Milwaukee and contacted EVGo regarding the four Outpost Natural Foods locations with chargers, including the Mequon location listed above. Their email response, "These chargers...
  13. D

Fastcharger - Milwaukee - Outpost Natural Foods (1)

Charger existed until January 2022, then was taken out by a snow plow. Charger was reinstalled in early December of 2022 and appears powered up. I attempted to use it in late December '22, but it would not authenticate or accept payment and will not charge. It has never reappeared in the EVGo...
  14. D

Fastcharger - Milwaukee - Outpost Natural Foods (3)

That's my post on PlugShare. ;) I emailed EVGo to ask about their unit at Outpost in Bayview on KK (destroyed in January 2022 by a snow plow then re-appeared & powered in December of 2022 but will not authenticate or charge) and whether any EVGo chargers in Milwaukee are going to be replaced by...
Back