Recent content by Alt-View1

1. Alt-View1

Cheyenne, WY Electrify America

You have what I have. The construction crew said the chargers are "RIVIAN" and a Colorado RIvian Facebook group has confirmed that Cheyenne is being added as part of the RIVIAN Adventure Network. I don't want to bother the crew, so I'll post another picture when the equipment is visible. Even...
  2. Alt-View1

I don't know if this could be an alternative to the EA station in Cheyenne if it goes down. One of 4 charging connectors is offline already. Cheyenne is getting more EV charging stations. These are being installed by RIVIAN at JAX at Frontier Mall. I have no other details but from the size...
  3. Alt-View1

Here's and explanation of Tesla'stiers for charging rates.
  4. Alt-View1

Interesting. The Tesla Supercharger has 3 tiers of rates based on rate of charge the vehicle is drawing. Here's a redacted screenshot from a recent cross country trip.
  5. Alt-View1

Not sure it brings higher costs. It brings more transparency. Some states require cost per kWh to be disclosed just like cost per gallon of fossil fuels. Wyoming for reasons I don't understand isn't one of those states. My guess is as EV adoption increases in the state there will eventually be...
  6. Alt-View1

E.A. needs to be less opaque about this. It borders on "bait and switch" to post their rates in an unclear manner. I'll try charging at a high state of charge and post my results.
  7. Alt-View1

It appears that E.A. charges a rate based on the start of your charging session. It did not drop even after charging was below 90kW. It continued at $0.37/minute for the entire session. Despite that, it worked out to about $0.25/kWh which is less than the $0.38/kWh at the Tesla Supercharger...
  8. Alt-View1

Price is divided into two tiers. I'm charging our 2018 CCS1 upgraded Tesla Model X100D and it is charging at 152kW at 27% SOC. 1-193 kW is $0.37/min. 1-90 kW is $0.19/min. See picture.
  9. Alt-View1

Yeah! 🎉
  10. Alt-View1

I stopped by at 4PM all are offline. I called E.A. and they report "critical unexpected outage". No idea when it will be fixed but "it's a priority", whatever that actually means.
  11. Alt-View1

I went by this afternoon around 4:30 PM and the electrician was programming and commissioning the credit card readers on the last 2 charging stations. He tests each one by activating it fir his company's e-Lighting F150 by the app, the credit card, and a third method to make sure it is...
  12. Alt-View1

Stopped by this morning at about 9:30AM after I got off duty to see what was happening. Nothing. No crew. Not operational. All screens dark. All dispensers are labeled "Hyperfast upto 350 kW". I'll check back again later today or tomorrow.
  13. Alt-View1

I stopped by late this afternoon. They have run into "modem problems". Once resolved, still need to download software and firmware, which they estimate will take "upto 8 hours". The hope to have the station operating "by the end of the week". They recommend not making plans to use the...
  14. Alt-View1

I guess if you can make the round trip on a single charge or don't mind Level 2 charging if it's not yet online, just so you can do this without knowing whether or not they actually stay on schedule, have fun. I'll swing by later today to see how it's progressing and report an update if...
  15. Alt-View1

Where are you coming from? I can check it out when I get off duty Wednesday morning since I'm local, and report back then.
Back